Has Poal has reached level 9000 Nancy Pelosi?

Poal was created by some ex-goats when Voat was in trouble a couple of years back. It is effectively a Voat clone. There has been some debate on Voat about the extent to which Poal is truly "free speech".
Cynabuns
Topic points (SCP): 15
Reply points (CCP): 165

Has Poal has reached level 9000 Nancy Pelosi?

Post by Cynabuns »

Update The user block feature just got a minor update and now prevents users you've blocked from commenting to your posts/comments
~by AOU - 7h ago
https://poal.co/s/Poaldev/289452

Speech for me but not for thee.

Am I really reading this right??

Kinda sad to see from former Voat guys

:(
MadWorld
Topic points (SCP): 1276
Reply points (CCP): 2987

Re: Has Poal has reached level 9000 Nancy Pelosi?

Post by MadWorld »

Cynabuns wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:37 am
Update The user block feature just got a minor update and now prevents users you've blocked from commenting to your posts/comments
~by AOU - 7h ago

:lol: That is not fair to Nancy Pelosi. AOU does not know he is batshit crazy. OCD and pathological behavior are the best quality of AOU. Micromanagement and micro-update announcement are the best part of poal. How dear you not appreciate the amount of work he has put into poal, to protect user's right to "say what you want"? HOW DARE YOU!!

:lol: Poal getting gayer with every micro-update...
Deleted User 2149

Post by Deleted User 2149 »

Why do you guys keep hanging out there? Unless.......are you gay?!
argosciv
Topic points (SCP): 70
Reply points (CCP): 133

Post by argosciv »

Oh, this one, @MadWorld?
For some reason my eyes just don't catch on to the author of most posts here on SVF, guess it's an aesthetics/familiarity issue... I kinda skimmed over it due to the title despite seeing it in "new"... reading properly now after this comment.
argosciv

Post by argosciv »

Cynabuns wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:37 am
~by AOU - 7h ago

Y'know, I may cop some flack for this, but in a way this is kinda what I'd expect from a typical block feature. I mean, in an ideal world blocking is kind of a last resort when you REALLY don't want to deal with the asininity of the blocked user(s). That said, though, I came to appreciate and work with the level at which Voat blocking worked; that being to merely auto-collapse content from the blocked user(s) and disable personal messages/notifications.
In my mind, Voat's implementation was sufficient enough to deal with issues without impeding the right of free speech for those who I disagreed with...

I think poal has, although keeping with expected functionality (similar to, say, twitter), gone a step too far and proven that (as if it weren't already clear) they are no true replacement to or competitor against the ideals of Voat.

cc: @MadWorld
MadWorld

Post by MadWorld »

argosciv wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:24 pm Oh, this one, @MadWorld?
For some reason my eyes just don't catch on to the author of most posts here on SVF, guess it's an aesthetics/familiarity issue... I kinda skimmed over it due to the title despite seeing it in "new"... reading properly now after this comment.
Yes, this one. Sometimes the topic on SVF might stay red for some reason.
argosciv

Post by argosciv »

MadWorld wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:33 pm
argosciv wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:24 pm Oh, this one, @MadWorld?
Yes, this one. Sometimes the topic on SVF might stay red for some reason.
/shrug
It's not that it stays red or anything, it's that the author part just doesn't jump out at me... back on voat, for some reason the styling just made the name "pop out" for the eyes... whereas the layout/styling of a bbforum just... I dunno... again, more a familiarity issue after spending so long on voat as opposed to bb forums. The latter of course being severely dated and otherwise unfamiliar despite years of working with them prior to jumping on Voat.

Voat really was iconic for me in that regard; a whole new format (given that I was never a redditor and even then, reddit's style is fucking abhorrent by comparison despite fundamental similarities).
MadWorld

Post by MadWorld »

It is probably just the color of username that blended into the color of background. I switched to lighter theme; it appears more readable to me.

@argosciv
argosciv

Post by argosciv »

MadWorld wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:54 pm I switched to lighter theme;
/me points to the nearest door
Get out. Now.
iSnark
Topic points (SCP): 244
Reply points (CCP): 127

Post by iSnark »

CognitiveDissident5 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:40 am Why do you guys keep hanging out there? Unless.......are you gay?!
Or willing to learn? :)
Last edited by iSnark on Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.