Poal goes full retard: Randomized usernames

Poal was created by some ex-goats when Voat was in trouble a couple of years back. It is effectively a Voat clone. There has been some debate on Voat about the extent to which Poal is truly "free speech".
chrimony
Topic points (SCP): 20
Reply points (CCP): 173

Poal goes full retard: Randomized usernames

Post by chrimony »

What started out as an April Fool's joke is, two days later, said to be a permanent change: "Randomized user names are here to stay!"
2017Fallout
Topic points (SCP): 4
Reply points (CCP): 261

Re: Poal goes full retard: Randomized usernames

Post by 2017Fallout »

In what reality is that a good thing. Seems like they are trying to kill poal
Deleted User 149584

Post by Deleted User 149584 »

old voat did this before as a joke... where is your god now?
chrimony
Topic points (SCP): 20
Reply points (CCP): 173

Post by chrimony »

DialsGhost wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:02 pm old voat did this before as a joke... where is your god now?
So this joke wasn't even original to Poal, *golf clap*. But how long did the original Voat carry this joke on for? Did Putt say it was going to become permanent after April Fools was over? Was it left that way for several days?

Taking the randomized names into three days was the last straw for me when it comes to Poal. The admin that ran the place, AOU, had already proved himself to be a touchy, immature asshole that had no business running a so-called "free speech" site. I jumped ship to Voat.xyz -- which has also had some bumps, but unlike Poal, the admin there is improving and listening to pushback. But if I have to jump ship again, it will be to a decentralized site that can't be censored by any admin.
Deleted User 149584

Post by Deleted User 149584 »

chrimony wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:31 pm
DialsGhost wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:02 pm old voat did this before as a joke... where is your god now?
So this joke wasn't even original to Poal, *golf clap*. But how long did the original Voat carry this joke on for? Did Putt say it was going to become permanent after April Fools was over? Was it left that way for several days?

Taking the randomized names into three days was the last straw for me when it comes to Poal. The admin that ran the place, AOU, had already proved himself to be a touchy, immature asshole that had no business running a so-called "free speech" site. I jumped ship to Voat.xyz -- which has also had some bumps, but unlike Poal, the admin there is improving and listening to pushback. But if I have to jump ship again, it will be to a decentralized site that can't be censored by any admin.
voat was never a original concept overall, where is god now

"Did Putt say it was going to become permanent after April Fools was over?"

are you that retarded?

-1 for being correct, ahhhh voat is just lame as here
Last edited by Deleted User 149584 on Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.