Update: Poal now nukes all comments to deleted parent posts and silently shut down their API.

Poal was created by some ex-goats when Voat was in trouble a couple of years back. It is effectively a Voat clone. There has been some debate on Voat about the extent to which Poal is truly "free speech".
Artemis
Topic points (SCP): 18
Reply points (CCP): 33

Update: Poal now nukes all comments to deleted parent posts and silently shut down their API.

Post by Artemis »

I wish this were nothing but an April fool, just like their funny randomized user names. No. AOU is going apeshit insane, and Poal missed its chance of becoming a genuine Voat substitute. I am app(o)alled by his actions.

In all seriousness, I wonder why there was no announcement about these, while he otherwise shows off every minor change! AOU keeps violating user trust on his ego trip. Or could it be shizophrenia? Certainly, one can not take him seriously like this.

Earlier, veteran user heracleides got banned from /s/poaldev for a week by AOU for rightfully criticising the 10 KB sub CSS size limit, which made adapting his sub /s/multiculturalcancer to the recently added bright theme impractical. In comparison, Reddit and Voat had no such limit, or at least much higher.

FightknightHERO, one of the leading former Voat users, ended up meeting AOU's dark side. He contributed good content, yet he ended up banned for questioning his actions. Free speech my arse.

Both their frustration is perfectly understandable!

Update: Comments under deleted parent posts are gone too.

Now, all comments to deleted parent posts are now also deleted!

Example: https://poal.co/s/WhiteBeauty/329730

This is TERRIBLE, because it gives troll/coward OPs the power to nuke good discussion! This alone would have made me considered leaving, if I were there. As if the level 9000 Nancy Pelosi block feature weren't bad enough!

Other platforms that do this are kike-owned YouTube, Facebook and Instagram. In contrary, Reddit and Twitter actually do not do this!

In other words: Poal is now sinking below Reddit! The same site it once rightfully made fun of! :lol:

Maybe this explains it too:
Free speech platform? Guess what. Poal disowned itself. Sadly, just like many of us, you got duped.

API shutdown

In March, Poal's API has been shut down without notice.

Their API (documented at https://poal.co/api, probably soon no longer) now returns:

Code: Select all

{"error":"Method not found or not implemented","status":"error"}
Try it out: https://poal.co/api/getPostList/all/hot

While it worked, it listed 25 entries per page, including post contents! Also, it listed NSFW posts which are not visible without login on the sub's own page.

Sample:

{"comments":14,"content":"","downvotes":0,"edited":null,"flair":null,"link":"https://pic8.co/sh/1N0WLY.jpg","nsfw":false,"pid":324182,"posted":"Tue, 16 Mar 2021 20:24:27 GMT","ptype":1,"score":64,"sub":"Hiddenlol","thumbnail":"d70f4131-009e-585a-83ad-2047fce5af95.jpg","title":"Do not die for the yids [530x696 - 50KB]","uid":"d68eca14-96e7-4cf4-b3ee-4ce7ccf9e08a","upvotes":64,"user":"KikeTheKikes"}

And 50 comments per page, in chronological order.

Sample:

{"cid":"389258d4-9fb3-4af1-b429-4f6ad0a8b1df","content":"I deleted and anon all my stuff. I\u2019m on this place now.","deleted":false,"lastedit":null,"parentcid":null,"posted":"Tue, 22 Dec 2020 00:58:06 GMT","score":1,"user":"1_2freddyiscomingforyou"}

Now, backing up posts (including NSFW) and commets is far more difficult, probably intentionally. They also happen to use inferior server-side expandos for text posts, meaning the page source code does not contain unexpanded text posts, but the content is only loaded after clicking, rather than superior client-side expandos.

This is getting Google-tier evil, just on a smaller scale. For reference, Google desparately tried blocking archival of Google Plus and YouTube annotations before nuking those.

What will come next? Will login be required to view content, like on Gab and Voat (between 2019 and mid-2020)? It already is the case for user profiles. This also harms public user accountability because it blocks web archival. This lack of accountability enables users to misbehave without public record. In comparison, Reddit and Twitter even allow viewing profiles without login.

Any egomaniac who claims to be right shouldn't fear public accountability. Anyone who does not want that may piss off back to Discord.

If AOU started editing user comments like Reddit CEO Spez, I would not be surprised at this point.

Poal.co was so promising. It had the shot at becoming the next big base of free speech. Sadly, it has not aged well. Through his poor decisions, AOU made its growth stagnate at around 100 users. It could have more than twice as much by now, had AOU behaved more like in Poal's earlier days. Thankfully, alternatives such as this site allow for mutual accountability and a place to escape to.

If AOU reads this (or PMYB2 for that matter, though he appears almost inactive), I am willing to have a conversation with him here about these terrible changes. To prevent impersonation, he'd need to confirm his SearchVoat forums user name somewhere on Poal.co.

Does PMYB2 even realize that AOU is gradually compromising and killing his site? Though AOU also implemented many nice features, these fundamental restrictions of speech are starting to outweigh them.

A hijacked luxury yacht is still hijacked.
A sinking luxury yacht is still sinking.

From deleted post in disabled sub https://poal.co/s/ProtectPoal/248287 :
AOU wrote:We're done here, faguette.

Another mention from you and you are gone (with all your alts).
:shock:

Absolutely unethical. Does PMYB2 even approve of this?

Regardless, stay clear of this hostile, sociopathic breed of administrators who can't handle criticism, anywhere on the Internet.

I thought that AOU, as an administrator who knows the truth about, say, jews, he would not behave jewish.

Wanna have a bit of fun?

If you don't mind sacrificing your Poal.co account, you could copy and paste this post there (and archive it into http://archive.today/ and http://web.archive.org/save/ ) to test how long it lasts. Make sure to let us know.

If Poal adhered to its founding principles, it would not be deleted.

Regardless of how many fancy features, a censored and unreliable online forum that proclaims free speech is a dupe.

Poal.co cemented its position as one of the dark stains in the history of news aggregator alternatives and proclaimed free-speech sites.
Deleted User 146629

Re: Update: Poal now nukes all comments to deleted parent posts and silently shut down their API.

Post by Deleted User 146629 »

Poal is closed due to AIDs.

AOU is a narcissistic retard, this used to have 12 likes btw, look at his replies: https://poal.co/s/TellPoal/329837#spoiler
Tallest_Skil
Topic points (SCP): 0
Reply points (CCP): 138

Re: Update: Poal now nukes all comments to deleted parent posts and silently shut down their API.

Post by Tallest_Skil »

Artemis wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:34 pmNow, all comments to deleted parent posts are now also deleted!

This is TERRIBLE, because it gives troll/coward OPs the power to nuke good discussion!
Technically shills could do this at any time, anyway. All you have to do is make a new account, ban every single user on the website from replying to you, and then spam as much jewish propaganda as you want. No one could ever prove you wrong (because you blocked them), and your posts would therefore remain unquestioned. Then it’s just a simple matter of running a bot farm for vote manipulation and boom, you control the narrative.

Or just create the website in the first place. That’s usually less work for jews. And they hate work.
uvulectomy
Topic points (SCP): 2
Reply points (CCP): 20

Post by uvulectomy »

tl;dr - AOU is a self-absorbed kike with a gaping anus and a god-complex. And since PMYB2 is apparently too fucking inept to run the site without him, he has free reign to shit all over the fucking site like it's his own little playground.
Artemis
Topic points (SCP): 18
Reply points (CCP): 33

AOU staged anti-semitism?

Post by Artemis »

Tallest_Skil wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:16 pmOr just create the website in the first place. That’s usually less work for jews. And they hate work.
So could it be that AOU's anti-semitism was staged all the time?
Last edited by Artemis on Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tallest_Skil
Topic points (SCP): 0
Reply points (CCP): 138

Re: AOU staged anti-semitism?

Post by Tallest_Skil »

Artemis wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:04 amSo could it be that AOU's anti-semitism was staged all the time?
Yep. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Burros

How the fuck do I make a block of text into a link? This is supposed to be vBulletin but… oh, it’s PHPBB. Never mind. Guess the simplest possible thing is too hard for that.