FDR worst US president ever

Moderator: TheRealSkeptic5000

TheRealSkeptic5000
Topic points (SCP): 408
Reply points (CCP): 223

Re: FDR worst US president ever

Post by TheRealSkeptic5000 »

Tallest_Skil wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:16 pm . Roosevelt wheeled himself right through it and shat on the greatest gentile nation in history.
LOL

When did Woodrow Wilson recant? I've heard a quote about him saying "I have sold this nation to the bankers" but there is no source on that.

BTW, who is the man of your profile pic? He looks familiar.
Tallest_Skil
Topic points (SCP): 0
Reply points (CCP): 138

Post by Tallest_Skil »

TheRealSkeptic5000 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:35 pmWhen did Woodrow Wilson recant? I've heard a quote about him saying "I have sold this nation to the bankers" but there is no source on that.
Aha! I have the source. He’s often misquoted about that, but he DID say
“A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated, governments in the civilized world—no longer a government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and the duress of small groups of dominant men.” ~ President Woodrow Wilson, subsequent to his establishment of the Federal Reserve; The New Freedom: A Call for the Emancipation of the Generous Energies of a People; 1913
How do I embed a URL into text? Like, clickable text? This is just a vBulletin forum, but the formatting for URLs doesn’t seem to allow that… https://archive.md/sgvuz
Good old President Andrew “I killed the bank” Jackson. The quote text on the image is another favorite of mine. South Carolina was threatening secession over some tariffs in the 1820s. He told the state government “If anyone so much as breathes a word of secession, I’ll come down there and hang them from the highest tree.”
Last edited by Tallest_Skil on Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheRealSkeptic5000
Topic points (SCP): 408
Reply points (CCP): 223

Post by TheRealSkeptic5000 »

Tallest_Skil wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:23 pm
TheRealSkeptic5000 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:35 pmWhen did Woodrow Wilson recant? I've heard a quote about him saying "I have sold this nation to the bankers" but there is no source on that.
Aha! I have the source. He’s often misquoted about that, but he DID say
“A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated, governments in the civilized world—no longer a government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and the duress of small groups of dominant men.” ~ President Woodrow Wilson, subsequent to his establishment of the Federal Reserve; The New Freedom: A Call for the Emancipation of the Generous Energies of a People; 1913
How do I embed a URL into text? Like, clickable text? This is just a vBulletin forum, but the formatting for URLs doesn’t seem to allow that… https://archive.md/sgvuz
Good old President Andrew “I killed the bank” Jackson. The quote text on the image is another favorite of mine. South Carolina was threatening secession over some tariffs in the 1820s. He told the state government “If anyone so much as breathes a word of secession, I’ll come down there and hang them from the highest tree.”
I'm saving the hell out of that quote! I thought it was fake.