kestrel9
Topic points (SCP): 1943
Reply points (CCP): 2881

Re: Notifications: K_E_S_T_R_E_L_9

Post by kestrel9 »

shewhomustbeobeyed wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:29 pm
doginventer wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:19 pm
shewhomustbeobeyed wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:51 pm
I think @Savesequim has already posted from that.
Congratulations! You just posted a video I will not watch.ewwwwwwwwwwwwwihatebugsewwwwwwwwwwwwwww
gross
You do know that sometimes the females eat their mates.
Black widows do. I kill them all, don't care. Same with mojave green rattlesnakes. Until someone proves they are necessary for a health ecosystem, imma killem.
Snakes... no argument there. Black Widows... oddly enough I respect them, they leave you alone, but at some point they gotta go too. (Like if there's too many of them :lol:
kestrel9

Post by kestrel9 »

shewhomustbeobeyed wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:51 pm
I think @Savesequim has already posted from that.
Congratulations! You just posted a video I will not watch.ewwwwwwwwwwwwwihatebugsewwwwwwwwwwwwwww
gross
Praying Mantis!

Insect world has some very creepy (pardon the pun) stuff. If they were big like small mammals or people, it would be like living in a horror show.
shewhomustbeobeyed
Topic points (SCP): 246
Reply points (CCP): 2041

Post by shewhomustbeobeyed »

kestrel9 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:42 pm

Black widows do. I kill them all, don't care. Same with mojave green rattlesnakes. Until someone proves they are necessary for a health ecosystem, imma killem.
Snakes... no argument there. Black Widows... oddly enough I respect them, they leave you alone, but at some point they gotta go too. (Like if there's too many of them :lol:
Black widows do not leave you alone. I know a woman who got bit two times, years apart, while she slept. They had to move away from desert because she attracted them. I have them in garage and garden. I don't spray pesticide, I go on wild killing rampage, weekly.
The only 'Good' spider is Daddy Long Legs. I let them alone. Sun spiders are OK, they kill scorpions and other bugs, but leave people alone.
kestrel9

Post by kestrel9 »

shewhomustbeobeyed wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:57 pm
kestrel9 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:42 pm

Black widows do not leave you alone. I know a woman who got bit two times, years apart, while she slept. They had to move away from desert because she attracted them. I have them in garage and garden. I don't spray pesticide, I go on wild killing rampage, weekly.
The only 'Good' spider is Daddy Long Legs. I let them alone. Sun spiders are OK, they kill scorpions and other bugs, but leave people alone.
I agree, there's no way I would let them hang inside the house or garage or anywhere where I frequent (garden area). If there's a remote corner outside somewhere I'm not as concerned, but I don't 'attract' them. That's just weird. I do have a pest control service so the ones who make it are still on borrowed time. Without that I'd probably be doing what you're doing.
shewhomustbeobeyed
Topic points (SCP): 246
Reply points (CCP): 2041

Post by shewhomustbeobeyed »

I'd put this in the confessions sub, but the mod seems to have vanished. poof.
When we first moved to desert, found one of these in garage, sitting right next to door going into the house. Except it was twice the size, and black.
Didn't know what it was? Terrifying! Hubby night fishing, won't be home til long after midnight.
I knew that if I went to bed, my family was going to find this in the morning.
I emptied a whole can of bug spray. :/
Found out later that they're harmless/non-venomous, and rarely seen in the area. I felt so bad. They're called Tailless Whip Scorpions, Cave Spiders, and other names i can't remember, atm.
kestrel9

Post by kestrel9 »

shewhomustbeobeyed wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:23 am I'd put this in the confessions sub, but the mod seems to have vanished. poof.
When we first moved to desert, found one of these in garage, sitting right next to door going into the house. Except it was twice the size, and black.
Didn't know what it was? Terrifying! Hubby night fishing, won't be home til long after midnight.
I knew that if I went to bed, my family was going to find this in the morning.
I emptied a whole can of bug spray. :/
Found out later that they're harmless/non-venomous, and rarely seen in the area. I felt so bad. They're called Tailless Whip Scorpions, Cave Spiders, and other names i can't remember, atm.
WTF? Yikes! I've never seen one and hope not to. Let them live out their harmless lives elsewhere! Maybe as someone's pet?

How to care for your tailless whip scorpion
https://reptilesupply.com/blogs/misc-in ... p-scorpion
Tailless whip scorpions are intermediate-level pet invertebrates due to their delicate bodies and high humidity needs. With good care, they can live 10-20 years, with females living significantly longer than males.
Although some are called Vinegaroons and I have seen some smallish ones that are light colored. Creepy looking, but not as bad as that thing you killed.