Meet Wally, an emotional support alligator that mingles among people

Moderators: Thisismyaccount, KatHarzso

kestrel9
Topic points (SCP): 1943
Reply points (CCP): 2881

Meet Wally, an emotional support alligator that mingles among people

Post by kestrel9 »

https://journalstar.com/news/national/m ... ted-bottom
Wally was removed from a lagoon in Florida, said Henney. His friend brought the baby gator, then just 20 inches long and a little over a year old, to Pennsylvania.

Thus began a unique relationship between man and alligator.

"Wally has been quite different than any alligator I've ever dealt with in the past 30 years," said Henney. "He doesn't show anger. He doesn't show aggression. He hasn't since the day he was caught. We never could understand why.

"He's just loveable. He sleeps with me, steals my pillows, steals my blankets. He's just awesome."

Wally's easygoing personality led Henney to have the gator licensed as an emotional support animal, he said. The alligator has provided comfort for him as he has undergone radiation treatments for cancer.

Most people who see Wally are "really excited and happy to see him," said Henney.

Henney isn't concerned about the possibility of the alligator biting someone, he said. "Wally is the only gator I've ever been around that refuses to bite," he said. "It's mind-boggling -- just hard to believe."

https://nypost.com/2022/08/24/emotional ... orite-pet/

An alligator from Pennsylvania is in the running for America’s Favorite Pet.

WallyGator, a 7-year-old reptile, who hails from the City of York and reportedly “loves to give hugs,” is currently in the lead in a new pet popularity contest – America’s Favorite Pet Animal Kingdom – which includes animals of all shapes, sizes and species.

It’s currently unknown how many votes WallyGator has, but the animal has a dedicated TikTok following of more than 68,100 people.

WallyGator’s TikTok bio says he’s a “licensed emotional support animal” and his owners reportedly operate a reptile rescue.

The favorite pet contest includes rounds of online votes to determine which animal will be crowned the winner.
EDIT: Wally glamour shot

https://harrisburgmagazine.com/lifestyl ... alligator/
Thisismyaccount
Topic points (SCP): 3702
Reply points (CCP): 5606

Re: Meet Wally, an emotional support alligator that mingles among people

Post by Thisismyaccount »

Don't know if I would be that gutsy lol. :lol:
Heisenberg123
Topic points (SCP): 433
Reply points (CCP): 926

Post by Heisenberg123 »

Thisismyaccount wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:18 pm Don't know if I would be that gutsy lol. :lol:
He still manages to look more pleasant than angry liberals and shills out there.
Thisismyaccount
Topic points (SCP): 3702
Reply points (CCP): 5606

Post by Thisismyaccount »

He is kinda cute and friendly I'll give him that. ;)