SVF Rule Changes

SearchVoat
Topic points (SCP): 298
Reply points (CCP): 795

SVF Rule Changes

Post by SearchVoat »

1. No doxxing of site members
  • You must not post content or links publicly on this site that reveal personally identifying information about a user of this site
  • There are no exceptions for "self-doxxing" here: the source of the personally identifying information is irrelevant to this rule
6. You must not use an alt account to avoid a ban
kestrel9
Topic points (SCP): 1943
Reply points (CCP): 2881

Re: SVF Rule Changes

Post by kestrel9 »

Question: (and I apologize in advance if this has been fully covered already) Should users here who use the same name here and on twitter, be required to nuke their SVF account and come up with a new name?

Should there be an explicit requirement for new accounts that they agree to create unique usernames for SVF? (as opposed to accounts like twitter and FB, youtube and other places where people commonly use some IRL self-identifying info within their content).
SearchVoat

Post by SearchVoat »

kestrel9 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:56 pm Question: (and I apologize in advance if this has been fully covered already) Should users here who use the same name here and on twitter, be required to nuke their SVF account and come up with a new name?
That seems unnecessarily onerous.

I think the potential problem you're referring to might already be covered by the existing rules: you can identify yourself (e.g. by using the same username here and elsewhere) but other users are still prevented from linking to identifying accounts elsewhere. Correct me if I'm wrong.
SearchVoat

Post by SearchVoat »

I guess if you want to dox someone by linking to their twitter you could just say "this idiot uses the same username here and on twitter, go take a look". I don't think that would breach the rules as they stand. Not sure how the hypothetical plays out in practice.

Edit: no link, no dox.
Last edited by SearchVoat on Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.