Voat clone?

Investigating corruption, child trafficking and abuse uncovered in the WikiLeaks Podesta emails.

Moderators: Heisenberg123, Vindicator, EricKaliberhall, darkknight111

EricKaliberhall
Topic points (SCP): 469
Reply points (CCP): 788

Re: Voat clone?

Post by EricKaliberhall »

Some day I would love to visit Sweden. My great grandfather was Swedish.

Mi casa es su casa, brother.
Nosferatjew
Topic points (SCP): 70
Reply points (CCP): 197

Post by Nosferatjew »

Vindicator wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:58 pm
Oh yes. Buckled snug. Going with my spec ops son-in-law to purchase an AR-15 this weekend. Previously only a handgun owner. Figured it was prudent, since ANTIFA fags cased my house last week and attempted to dox me as a Trump supporter to my employer because I still had a big flag up.

I, too, have been doing a lot of hiking in the woods, though it's been unseasonably warm here this winter. It was almost 60F up on the mountain today. We had a HUGE storm the night before last. Saw probably 20 giant trees down. Incredible amount of rain dumped, as well. I wish it would get cold and snow!
Grats in advance on your first AR! Beware though, once you have one AR, you're likely to end up wanting another, and another, and another.... they are strangely addictive for a firearm platform. I think it's because of the modularity and the almost never ending variation in parts. I suggest ordering a CMMG .22LR conversion bolt/mag kit. It'll save you a ton of money on ammo during this "shortage".

It's been relatively warm here too, almost t-shirt weather (~50F lol). Super windy some days too.
NinaSparrow
Topic points (SCP): 9
Reply points (CCP): 52

Post by NinaSparrow »

I'm not good with this stuff. So if there is a backup/clone, can someone post a link, or pm me a link, please?
So worried about losing everyone here.
2017Fallout
Topic points (SCP): 4
Reply points (CCP): 261

Post by 2017Fallout »

Snow in England to. I used to visit ostersund. Very beautiful.
Thisismyvoatusername
Topic points (SCP): 8
Reply points (CCP): 93

Post by Thisismyvoatusername »

2017Fallout wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:21 am Snow in England to. I used to visit ostersund. Very beautiful.
Snow in England? That's impossible. I don't believe you. I have it on good authority it will never snow in England again: https://web.archive.org/web/20150912124 ... 24017.html
2017Fallout
Topic points (SCP): 4
Reply points (CCP): 261

Post by 2017Fallout »

You got me. I'm actually having a beer on my lawn get sunburn
Vindicator
Topic points (SCP): 95
Reply points (CCP): 266

Post by Vindicator »

Nosferatjew wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:26 am I suggest ordering a CMMG .22LR conversion bolt/mag kit. It'll save you a ton of money on ammo during this "shortage".
Ended up with a pistol-rigged 556. Pretty cool. The gun store had virtually empty shelves, except for this little guy someone had brought in that morning for consignment. Didn't even have a price on it yet. It'll do just fine.
Vindicator
Topic points (SCP): 95
Reply points (CCP): 266

Post by Vindicator »

NinaSparrow wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:41 am I'm not good with this stuff. So if there is a backup/clone, can someone post a link, or pm me a link, please?
So worried about losing everyone here.
I will always post every bit of info I have, Nina. I'm on Gab and Parler now, Vindic8tr, just like Twitter (since my account there got nuked). Also my email is Vindic8torprotonmail.com.

The clone site people were intrigued by is https://toav.co but it's been down since a few days after we all came here, so not sure what is happening there.
Nosferatjew
Topic points (SCP): 70
Reply points (CCP): 197

Post by Nosferatjew »

Vindicator wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:10 am
Nosferatjew wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:26 am I suggest ordering a CMMG .22LR conversion bolt/mag kit. It'll save you a ton of money on ammo during this "shortage".
Ended up with a pistol-rigged 556. Pretty cool. The gun store had virtually empty shelves, except for this little guy someone had brought in that morning for consignment. Didn't even have a price on it yet. It'll do just fine.
Sounds great.

In case my previous comment wasn't very clear, the conversion bolt is a drop in mod, replacing the existing AR bolt that came with your gun, that allows you to shoot 22lr instead of 5.56. 22lr is 10-30% the price of 5.56 right now, and much easier to find. And, most importantly, this is in no way a permanent mod. You can switch back and forth between bolts whenever, but it's usually a good idea to clean the barrel after shooting 22lr when you're switching back to 5.56. The conversion kit runs between $150 and $240, depending on where you buy it and how many mags come with it.

And on the subject of magazines... buy as many as you can now before Biden makes them NFA items requiring a $200 tax stamp... each. Which reminds me, time to order some more mags. Check out gunmagwarehouse.com for mags, Lancer mags are pretty much the best you can get. Steel mags are great too. Pmags and Hexmags are good, but the polymer feed lips can bend a little over time. If that's all you can find though, get them, they function flawlessly. DO NOT get Promag, they are garbage. I haven't tried MFT, but I've heard good things.

If you're looking for a red dot sight, try Holosun. If you're looking for a scope, try the Primary Arms 1-6x. If your new toy didn't come with iron sights, you really can't go wrong with Magpul MBUS. These are all high value budget options.

Don't put a verticle fore grip on it. That's not legal on an AR pistol... big felony. There are lots of angled grips out there if you think you need a fore grip.

You will benefit from adding a light. There are a lot of excellent choices in the light department. Hit me up if you want a specific recommendation.

Lastly, you need a sling. Magpul, Blue Force Gear, and Ferro Concepts all make top tier slings.
Joe10jo
Topic points (SCP): 24
Reply points (CCP): 50

Post by Joe10jo »

So is Goatpen where we'll eventually all end up?