How is it possible to know all this in 1871?

crazy_eyes
Topic points (SCP): 68
Reply points (CCP): 109

How is it possible to know all this in 1871?

Post by crazy_eyes »

These predictions seem way too accurate to be true. I enjoy reading predictions from the past about their future and they are usually entertaining. Then I think of this guy, and he seems to get his predictions as accurate as if I described the events from my vantage point in the river of time. That should not be possible. What the hell?

https://files.catbox.moe/2gycgn.png

https://files.catbox.moe/qdcpqs.png
antiliberalsociety
Topic points (SCP): 3394
Reply points (CCP): 4462

Re: How is it possible to know all this in 1871?

Post by antiliberalsociety »

crazy_eyes wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:23 am These predictions seem way too accurate to be true. I enjoy reading predictions from the past about their future and they are usually entertaining. Then I think of this guy, and he seems to get his predictions as accurate as if I described the events from my vantage point in the river of time. That should not be possible. What the hell?

https://files.catbox.moe/2gycgn.png

https://files.catbox.moe/qdcpqs.png
They've been doing the same thing for thousands of years; anyone paying attention to history is able to foresee it. It's interesting his use of the word Nazism though, I thought that wasn't coined until later.
kestrel9
Topic points (SCP): 1943
Reply points (CCP): 2881

Post by kestrel9 »

The following article lays out a case that the " text as we know it" was not written until the 50s.

I agree with the article's reasons as to why one can conclude that it's a hoax.
(I skipped the beginning that discussed when certain words came into use.)

https://wideshut.co.uk/albert-pikes-3-w ... t-webcast/
...To get to the bottom of where the alleged 3 World Wars letter comes from we need to retrace the sources. ThreeWorldWars.com is the originator of the text as printed above. This is the quote that circulates most prominently around the Internet. Although the website does actually state that “no conclusive proof exists to show that this letter was ever written,” it does suggest extracts are found in the book Satan: Prince of This World by William Guy Carr.

This simply isn’t the case. Only one section of the text appears in the book on page 29 and that is the final paragraph where it says:

“We shall unleash the Nihilists and Atheists, and we shall provoke a formidable social cataclysm which in all its horror will show clearly to the nations (people of different nationalities), the effects of absolute atheism, origin of savagery and of the most bloody turmoil…” etc.

What we do find in Guy Carr’s other book Pawns In The Game from 1956, is a series of paragraphs that do for the most part mirror the often cited text from the website. This however isn’t a direct quote itself, rather Carr’s own interpretation of the “letter” which he gleaned from another source. Carr never actually claimed that what he wrote was an extract. Thus whenever somebody claims that the above text is what Albert Pike wrote in a letter, they are either mistaken or lying. It is what Carr wrote in a book in the 50s!

This is how Carr begins his paragraph on the first World War. “Pike’s plan was as simple as it has proved effective. He required that Communism, Naziism, Political Zionism, and other International movements be organized and used to foment the three global wars and three major revolutions. The first world war was to be fought to enable the Illuminati to overthrow the powers of the Tzars in Russia“

This does not appear in quotations, it is not copied from the “letter”, it’s clearly Carr’s own interpretation.

Initially Carr had claimed the mythical letter was catalogued at the British Museum. He later backtracked writing in Satan: Prince of This World… “The Keeper of Manuscripts recently informed the author that this letter is NOT catalogued in the British Museum Library. It seems strange that a man of Cardinal Rodriguez’s knowledge should have said that it WAS in 1925”.

What this tells us is that Carr had no first hand knowledge of the “letter” or its validity, and everything he writes about it is hearsay. Thus the often cited Three World Wars text is just hearsay!

How exactly can he describe or summarize it if he hasn’t seen it?

He shifts the blame on to Cardinal Rodriguez of Chile, whose The Mystery of Freemasonry Unveiled was published in 1925.

However like Carr this book also has no direct quotes from the alleged letter. Rodriguez writes on pages 115-6…
The other indication of the participation of Masonry in the Revolution and the present upheaval in Russia is a letter in Le Diable au XIXème Siècle (1896), attributed to Albert Pike, “Sovereign Pontiff of Universal Masonry”, assisted by ten Ancients of the Grand Lodge of the Supreme Orient of Charleston to the very illustrious Joseph Mazzini, dated August 15, 1871. What I have said of the document previously mentioned, The Protocols, I say of this one: Authentic or not, the letter had been published long enough before the events, not to be an invention accommodated post factum. Its publication is catalogued in the British Museum of London and the plan attributed to Pike is also in part in Le Palladisme Of Margiotta, p. 186 published in 1895.
So Rodriguez also does not know if the “letter” is real… “Authentic or not”. He also clearly hasn’t seen it because like Carr he doesn’t actually quote from it.

Furthermore his claim that “its publication is catalogued in the British Museum,” is completely unsubstantiated. As mentioned, William Guy Carr admitted that it wasn’t there in his book. So where did Rodriguez get his information from? Let’s go to the books his cites.

Le Palladisme, Domenico Margiotta, 1895, p186 onwards.

If we scan this book for Albert Pike we come to a section from page 127 of the PDF that we can put through Google Translate. Here is Google’s rough translation, referring to a “pamphlet” allegedly written by Pike…

the excerpt is too long to post so the commentary picks up afterward:
Once again there are no direct quotes from the alleged pamphlet or “letter” but the gist of the text suggests that Pike wanted to destroy all religions, including Catholicism, and convert everyone over to Luciferianism. In that sense the theme of the books that followed were at least similar.

The other book cited by Cardinal Rodriguez was Le Diable au XIXème Siècle, 1986, by Docteur Bataille. Terry Melanson of ConspiracyArchive.com tracked down the text to Volume 2, Chapter XXXV, pages 594-606.

“At the beginning of August 1871, that is to say less than a year after the establishment of Palladism (Supreme Rite), the “learned Luciferian Pontiff” Albert Pike received an important letter from Mazzini. The political action leader for Universal Freemasonry invited the supreme dogmatic leader of the sect to draw up a clear plan with a view toward the destruction of Roman Catholicism…” Full text @ ConspiracyArchive.com

Once again there are no grandiose predictions of 3 World Wars. The theme is the destruction of religions, with most focus on Catholicism, which was the power of the day.

At this point the trail of sources stop. In short there is no primary source for the “letter”. It does not exist and has not been directly quoted from or reproduced by any author. The earliest book that makes reference to a “letter” by Pike is Le Diable au XIXème Siècle by “Docteur Bataille”. This just so happens to be the pseudonym of self professed hoaxer from the 1890s called Léo Taxil. He feigned support for the Catholic church and wrote a series of outlandish anti-Freemasonry books to mock both the Church’s stance on Freemasonry and the Freemasons themselves. In many ways he was the Richard Dawkins of his time, a champion for scientific thinking over the irrationality and silliness of Catholicism and occult teachings.

Those peddling the 3 World Wars quote are literally falling for a hundred year old hoax. The concept that Freemasonry is Satanism, Luciferianism or Devil Worship, is the very kind of close-minded religious dogma that Taxil was mocking all those years ago, and ironically his self-professed hoaxes are fanning the flames to this very day.
“The public made me what I am; the arch-liar of the period,” confessed Taxil, “for when I first commenced to write against the Masons my object was amusement pure and simple. The crimes I laid at their door were so grotesque, so impossible, so widely exaggerated, I thought everybody would see the joke and give me credit for originating a new line of humor. But my readers wouldn’t have it so; they accepted my fables as gospel truth, and the more I lied for the purpose of showing that I lied, the more convinced became they that I was a paragon of veracity.

“Then it dawned upon me that there was lots of money in being a Munchausen of the right kind, and for twelve years I gave it to them hot and strong, but never too hot. When inditing such slush as the story of the devil snake who wrote prophecies on Diana’s back with the end of his tail, I sometimes said to myself: ‘Hold on, you are going too far,’ but I didn’t. My readers even took kindly to the yarn of the devil who, in order to marry a Mason, transformed himself into a crocodile, and, despite the masquerade, played the piano wonderfully well.

“One day when lecturing at Lille, I told my audience that I had just had an apparition of Nautilus, the most daring affront on human credulity I had so far risked. But my hearers never turned a hair. ‘Hear ye, the doctor has seen Nautulius,’ they said with admiring glances. Of course no one had a clear idea of who Nautilus was I didn’t myself but they assumed that he was a devil. Ah, the jolly evenings I spent with my fellow authors hatching out new plots, new, unheard of perversions of truth and logic, each trying to outdo the other in organized mystification. I thought I would kill myself laughing at some of the things proposed, but everything went; there is no limit to human stupidity.”

– Leo Taxil, National Magazine, 1906.

Conclusion...
crazy_eyes
Topic points (SCP): 68
Reply points (CCP): 109

Post by crazy_eyes »

kestrel9 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:40 am The following article lays out a case that the " text as we know it" was not written until the 50s.

I agree with the article's reasons as to why one can conclude that it's a hoax.
(I skipped the beginning that discussed when certain words came into use.)

https://wideshut.co.uk/albert-pikes-3-w ... t-webcast/
...To get to the bottom of where the alleged 3 World Wars letter comes from we need to retrace the sources. ThreeWorldWars.com is the originator of the text as printed above. This is the quote that circulates most prominently around the Internet. Although the website does actually state that “no conclusive proof exists to show that this letter was ever written,” it does suggest extracts are found in the book Satan: Prince of This World by William Guy Carr.

This simply isn’t the case. Only one section of the text appears in the book on page 29 and that is the final paragraph where it says:

“We shall unleash the Nihilists and Atheists, and we shall provoke a formidable social cataclysm which in all its horror will show clearly to the nations (people of different nationalities), the effects of absolute atheism, origin of savagery and of the most bloody turmoil…” etc.

What we do find in Guy Carr’s other book Pawns In The Game from 1956, is a series of paragraphs that do for the most part mirror the often cited text from the website. This however isn’t a direct quote itself, rather Carr’s own interpretation of the “letter” which he gleaned from another source. Carr never actually claimed that what he wrote was an extract. Thus whenever somebody claims that the above text is what Albert Pike wrote in a letter, they are either mistaken or lying. It is what Carr wrote in a book in the 50s!

This is how Carr begins his paragraph on the first World War. “Pike’s plan was as simple as it has proved effective. He required that Communism, Naziism, Political Zionism, and other International movements be organized and used to foment the three global wars and three major revolutions. The first world war was to be fought to enable the Illuminati to overthrow the powers of the Tzars in Russia“

This does not appear in quotations, it is not copied from the “letter”, it’s clearly Carr’s own interpretation.

Initially Carr had claimed the mythical letter was catalogued at the British Museum. He later backtracked writing in Satan: Prince of This World… “The Keeper of Manuscripts recently informed the author that this letter is NOT catalogued in the British Museum Library. It seems strange that a man of Cardinal Rodriguez’s knowledge should have said that it WAS in 1925”.

What this tells us is that Carr had no first hand knowledge of the “letter” or its validity, and everything he writes about it is hearsay. Thus the often cited Three World Wars text is just hearsay!

How exactly can he describe or summarize it if he hasn’t seen it?

He shifts the blame on to Cardinal Rodriguez of Chile, whose The Mystery of Freemasonry Unveiled was published in 1925.

However like Carr this book also has no direct quotes from the alleged letter. Rodriguez writes on pages 115-6…
The other indication of the participation of Masonry in the Revolution and the present upheaval in Russia is a letter in Le Diable au XIXème Siècle (1896), attributed to Albert Pike, “Sovereign Pontiff of Universal Masonry”, assisted by ten Ancients of the Grand Lodge of the Supreme Orient of Charleston to the very illustrious Joseph Mazzini, dated August 15, 1871. What I have said of the document previously mentioned, The Protocols, I say of this one: Authentic or not, the letter had been published long enough before the events, not to be an invention accommodated post factum. Its publication is catalogued in the British Museum of London and the plan attributed to Pike is also in part in Le Palladisme Of Margiotta, p. 186 published in 1895.
So Rodriguez also does not know if the “letter” is real… “Authentic or not”. He also clearly hasn’t seen it because like Carr he doesn’t actually quote from it.

Furthermore his claim that “its publication is catalogued in the British Museum,” is completely unsubstantiated. As mentioned, William Guy Carr admitted that it wasn’t there in his book. So where did Rodriguez get his information from? Let’s go to the books his cites.

Le Palladisme, Domenico Margiotta, 1895, p186 onwards.

If we scan this book for Albert Pike we come to a section from page 127 of the PDF that we can put through Google Translate. Here is Google’s rough translation, referring to a “pamphlet” allegedly written by Pike…

the excerpt is too long to post so the commentary picks up afterward:
Once again there are no direct quotes from the alleged pamphlet or “letter” but the gist of the text suggests that Pike wanted to destroy all religions, including Catholicism, and convert everyone over to Luciferianism. In that sense the theme of the books that followed were at least similar.

The other book cited by Cardinal Rodriguez was Le Diable au XIXème Siècle, 1986, by Docteur Bataille. Terry Melanson of ConspiracyArchive.com tracked down the text to Volume 2, Chapter XXXV, pages 594-606.

“At the beginning of August 1871, that is to say less than a year after the establishment of Palladism (Supreme Rite), the “learned Luciferian Pontiff” Albert Pike received an important letter from Mazzini. The political action leader for Universal Freemasonry invited the supreme dogmatic leader of the sect to draw up a clear plan with a view toward the destruction of Roman Catholicism…” Full text @ ConspiracyArchive.com

Once again there are no grandiose predictions of 3 World Wars. The theme is the destruction of religions, with most focus on Catholicism, which was the power of the day.

At this point the trail of sources stop. In short there is no primary source for the “letter”. It does not exist and has not been directly quoted from or reproduced by any author. The earliest book that makes reference to a “letter” by Pike is Le Diable au XIXème Siècle by “Docteur Bataille”. This just so happens to be the pseudonym of self professed hoaxer from the 1890s called Léo Taxil. He feigned support for the Catholic church and wrote a series of outlandish anti-Freemasonry books to mock both the Church’s stance on Freemasonry and the Freemasons themselves. In many ways he was the Richard Dawkins of his time, a champion for scientific thinking over the irrationality and silliness of Catholicism and occult teachings.

Those peddling the 3 World Wars quote are literally falling for a hundred year old hoax. The concept that Freemasonry is Satanism, Luciferianism or Devil Worship, is the very kind of close-minded religious dogma that Taxil was mocking all those years ago, and ironically his self-professed hoaxes are fanning the flames to this very day.
“The public made me what I am; the arch-liar of the period,” confessed Taxil, “for when I first commenced to write against the Masons my object was amusement pure and simple. The crimes I laid at their door were so grotesque, so impossible, so widely exaggerated, I thought everybody would see the joke and give me credit for originating a new line of humor. But my readers wouldn’t have it so; they accepted my fables as gospel truth, and the more I lied for the purpose of showing that I lied, the more convinced became they that I was a paragon of veracity.

“Then it dawned upon me that there was lots of money in being a Munchausen of the right kind, and for twelve years I gave it to them hot and strong, but never too hot. When inditing such slush as the story of the devil snake who wrote prophecies on Diana’s back with the end of his tail, I sometimes said to myself: ‘Hold on, you are going too far,’ but I didn’t. My readers even took kindly to the yarn of the devil who, in order to marry a Mason, transformed himself into a crocodile, and, despite the masquerade, played the piano wonderfully well.

“One day when lecturing at Lille, I told my audience that I had just had an apparition of Nautilus, the most daring affront on human credulity I had so far risked. But my hearers never turned a hair. ‘Hear ye, the doctor has seen Nautulius,’ they said with admiring glances. Of course no one had a clear idea of who Nautilus was I didn’t myself but they assumed that he was a devil. Ah, the jolly evenings I spent with my fellow authors hatching out new plots, new, unheard of perversions of truth and logic, each trying to outdo the other in organized mystification. I thought I would kill myself laughing at some of the things proposed, but everything went; there is no limit to human stupidity.”

– Leo Taxil, National Magazine, 1906.

Conclusion...
Thank you for that Just what was looking for, I think.
I knew it was too good to be true