AOU just banned me...

Poal was created by some ex-goats when Voat was in trouble a couple of years back. It is effectively a Voat clone. There has been some debate on Voat about the extent to which Poal is truly "free speech".
Nosferatjew
Topic points (SCP): 70
Reply points (CCP): 197

AOU just banned me...

Post by Nosferatjew »

For the hate crime of suggesting that post thumbnails direct users to the post's link and not to the comment section. I'm not kidding.

First he deleted the post. When asked why, he said it was because someone had already posted about this in the past. Before receiving his reaponse though, I had already reposted, saying in the title that my 1st attempt was deleted, but then that was also deleted. So I reposted, asking in the title why AOU is so afraid of said UI suggestion, which is when he banned my account.

What a petty little beta bitch. This was clearly retaliation against me personally for previously posting about the hypocrisy of not allowing downvoting, and punishing people who downvote by downvoting them into the dirt. That post got a ton of traction, upvotes, supportive comments, etc, and in the post, my remarks were roundly upvoted while his smug, petulent "lol" comments were not and were often downvoted.

What a shame it is that so many good goats are on poal when they could be here, enriching this site with their content.

(Sorry for not having links right now, I'm phone fagging, and have to get on with my day. Already spent too much time on this bullshit. I also can't access the site from this device anymore, due to the ban.)

UPDATE:
I have access to my account again. It appears he either banned me for an hour and then changed his mind, or logged me out of my account and blocked me from logging in for an hour. Either way, faggotry.
Last edited by Nosferatjew on Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 2149

Re: AOU just banned me...

Post by Deleted User 2149 »

I agree it's a real shame goats went there instead of supporting this goat-made place for goats. But with all the gay drama going on there, this place will keep growing.
The_Venerable
Topic points (SCP): 64
Reply points (CCP): 155

Post by The_Venerable »

He's like a reddit mod who can't control himself.
blumen4alles
Topic points (SCP): -22
Reply points (CCP): -222

Post by blumen4alles »

I agree it's a real shame goats went there instead of supporting this goat-made place for goats. But with all the gay drama going on there, this place will keep growing.
This is just a basic forum, doesn't have the same site format. Show me a better site that does.
Deleted User 2149

Post by Deleted User 2149 »

blumen4alles wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:09 pm
This is just a basic forum, doesn't have the same site format. Show me a better site that does.
No but it's only been going a short while and it's amazing how much has been done here in a short space of time.
Clubtalk
Topic points (SCP): 0
Reply points (CCP): 6

Post by Clubtalk »

I had somewhat the same experience.

Mods removing posts (from subverse 'whatever'....), deleting posts, asking what relation my post has to the subverse etc.

Then i asked a question (to poal) and some idiot gave a answer with no proof or links or anything just he his answer as that was correct and some idiots upvote his comment. Then my post get a little flag or whatever with "answered" .

Complete fucking retard show. Plus it full of old boring memes like 2-3 year old voat memes and worse.

Ofc I/we could participate and do someting instead of just bitching - but, i dont know, i do not like it there. or maybe i just miss voat too much.
MadWorld
Topic points (SCP): 1276
Reply points (CCP): 2987

Post by MadWorld »

It is about time for someone more talented to produce an Ellen-Pao tier song on AOU.
Deleted User 4246

Post by Deleted User 4246 »

Last edited by Deleted User 4246 on Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
inkbottle23
Topic points (SCP): 2
Reply points (CCP): 24

Post by inkbottle23 »

AOU Is a real piece of shit. I have been entertaining myself by blatently downvoting anything he says. I have nothing to lose, if i get kicked off poal, there's other places to go.
antiliberalsociety
Topic points (SCP): 3394
Reply points (CCP): 4462

Post by antiliberalsociety »

Overactive admins are never a good thing