South African living in NZ receives warning to pay arrears of R0,00 on his SA tv licence or face consequences

Moderator: Thisismyaccount

Deleted User 2149

South African living in NZ receives warning to pay arrears of R0,00 on his SA tv licence or face consequences

Post by Deleted User 2149 »

https://maroelamedia.co.za/nuus/sa-nuus ... rd-beboet/

This is life when blacks (mis)manage everything.
The article is in Afrikaans, but the extract of the letter in English (see the article link)

Summary: A South African man and his family who have been living in New Zealand temporarily since 2017 received a warning letter about their South African TV licence.

They were warned to pay arrears of R0,00 in full, or risk a penalty of R26.50 per month for as long as they don't pay.

The man said they kept paying their licence after they left the country to avoid hassles when they return to SA after it proved impossible to get any sense out of the licencing authority (SABC).

Nevertheless they received the warning letter, which also advised that if he was having difficulties paying, a repayment plan could be negotiated.
justALover
Topic points (SCP): 26
Reply points (CCP): 1164

Re: South African living in NZ receives warning to pay arrears of R0,00 on his SA tv licence or face consequences

Post by justALover »

I'm usually very sarcastic here, especially when I say that blacks are an inferior species and that whites own the country, but I recognize this behavior.

I'm powerlevelling but nobody cares: a friend of mind left the country in the 90's. Got an aussie citizenship. Wanted to renounce his SA citizenship.

He had to jump through several hoops to convince the SA authorities that, yes, he really wanted to do that and that he was allowed to do that. The SA authorities tried to prevent him from giving up his worthless SA citizenship, to the point of telling him that he wasn't allowed to, but he finally "won" and managed to free himself of that Wonderful Democracy (tm) forever.

(ps: I still think you're a piece of shit, racist, Afrikaaner colonizer that should be shipped back to Democratic Afrikaanerland, which I understand is somewhere near Iceland, Spain or Venezula. Or Taiwan. I'm not sure where, but it's nowhere near Democratic South Africa)

Fuck. I can't stop the sarcasm.
Deleted User 2149

Re: South African living in NZ receives warning to pay arrears of R0,00 on his SA tv licence or face consequences

I actually know about this, know of several very similar incidents.
Deleted User 2149

Ps. You don't actually have to renounce it, they take it away from you once you get citizenship of a different country. And they tell you that you can never get it back.
Also, there was a time they would ask every SA born person using a passport from another country if they had an SA ID book and then confiscate it. This was at the airport.