Where the hell are the Upvoat arrows?

To do list, requests for new features
PeaceSeeker
Topic points (SCP): 1
Reply points (CCP): 65

Re: Where the hell are the Upvoat arrows?

Post by PeaceSeeker »

Nosferatjew wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:14 am
PeaceSeeker wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:33 pm In the event that what Putt said about the funding is actually true, and he just has a different perspective than you, then there isn't really anything more he can say, and so speculation is inevitable. Given that what he says is basically true, and I for one believe that to be the case, then it follows that he has already told the truth, and people don't believe him, and so we have reached what is called an impasse, or stalemate.
Puttitout isn't going to respond to my questions, just as he never responded to anyone else's questions or accusations, because I am right, and he is a liar. Just like how I was right about being banned unjustly as u/draaaak a couple years ago for alleged "vote manipulation", despite my NEVER having ever violated the terms of service. Why do I bring this up? Because every time I tried to address this problem with Putt ditectly, YOU showed up to shut me down. Putt never responded to me, not once.. it was always you.

"Perspective" is hardly a relevant factor when we're talking about literally millions of $s in bitcoin donations, just sitting there, waiting to fund the operation of the site. I don't believe there was actually never a need for an "angel" in the first place, as voat was always well funded enough through donations. Your answer to my questions is bullshit, and you know it. If you are aware of the bitcoin wallet balance (and recent withdrawals), which I'm sure you are by now, then you are clearly also lying when you claim to believe Putt's explanation. We have not reached an impasse or stalemate. You're full of shit, making use of your perceived "authority" to push the narrative that Putt is an honest, benevolent site admin. Sort of makes me wonder if sanegoat might be right about you... The label of "shill" sure seems to fit you nicely. I'd love to see you how you attempt to respond to sanegoat's accusations.
These rumours have been floating around for years, and just like the original ones, they are a result of faulty analysis.

/u/JuiceTown was the first person to claim Voat was in possession of millions in BTC. [Here](https://searchvoat.co/v/bitcoin/1871513) is the thread.

Within it, after struggling to defend his claims against a number of users, one users [finally](https://searchvoat.co/v/bitcoin/1871513/9169203) debunks his nonsense. In that same comment thread JuiceTown admits he was wrong.

The rumour resurfaced a year later, [and was debunked again](https://searchvoat.co/v/AskVoat/2520551/12609590).

And to the recent resurfacing, [Teran responded](https://searchvoat.co/v/whatever/4170338/26901848) suggesting a more reasonable explanation that does not indicate Voat is in possession of such funds.

As for why I so often respond to these queries, is simply that I have a certain respect for Putts, and I know that it is a total waste of time for him to have to force feed simple answers to sensationalists who just believe whatever they hear, *every day*, because that's how often people on Voat freak out about stuff like this. Putt often does respond, and then people forget, and demand he "explain" what he has already explained. All this tended to happen while Putt was busy one-man-showing API ports, DDoS protection, PostgresSQL posts, etc.

[Here](https://archive.is/AsDdf) is an archive of /v/OneTruePutt. I had Voat's only two BTC addresses on record in the sitebar. I think the first was was a Coinbase address that was eventually shutdown by Coinbase. [Here](https://bitref.com/1PhBpbED6uEnrvy5s9F9axBZbK8fWAeZdc) is a record of the first address, [here](https://bitref.com/3NZvuAk3Csf1UP1KCmzN9dhiXTwvhTgr9k) is a record of the second address. Neither address has anything in it. The first was last used in 2018, the second last used in 2019. Voat had an Angel during this period and stopped promoting donations.

7.7 BTC is approximately what Voat has *ever* been in possession of. In today's figures, that's almost $200,000 dollars - but most of this BTC came in and went out when BTC was worth a lot less, covering Cloudfare and server costs to keep Voat going during it's hardest times. This figure is *no where near* the millions of dollars people are claiming. The explanation for those claims are in the above links, *or*, it may be that people are tracking where the funds from Voat's wallets went, *and assuming that they went to other Voat-controlled wallets*. Most likely, they went to exchanges - websites that you send BTC to, and in exchange they send fiat currency to your bank account. *Those* bitcoin addresses likely do have millions in them, but it is not acceptable to assume those wallets belong to Voat.

Satisfied?

Heh. Why do I ask. I know you're not. Quote this post the enxt time someone claims Putt is lying about Voat's funds. The simple reality is Voat was blacklisted financially from day one (even Coinbase, a crypto service, screwed us!) and that it reached a point where the only way Voat could survive is if some free speech advocates with some dough decided to fund Voat. Putt announced this to the world in his [Angel post](https://searchvoat.co/v/announcements/1866053), and something like two years later [Voat got an Angel](https://searchvoat.co/v/announcements/2934082) in PIA. It looked promising at the time, a free speech VPN service willing to fund Voat in exchange for some self-promotion on the platform. But, as other goats have noted, ownership changed, and unsurprisingly PIA defaulted on their contract, leaving Voat in the same position it was in before - except now we don't have [inflated BTC left in the wallet to keep things going](https://searchvoat.co/v/AskVoat/2428435/12087940)

The one reason I'm not upset that Voat is gone is now I know Putts doesn't have to deal with people like you.
SaneGoatiSwear
Topic points (SCP): 2
Reply points (CCP): 6

Post by SaneGoatiSwear »

PeaceSeeker is a confirmed dirty kiked faggot part of the SRS cabal. CAPPED, LOGGED, AND ARCHIVED.
SaneGoatiSwear

Post by SaneGoatiSwear »

PeaceSeeker wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:59 pmThe one reason I'm not upset that Voat is gone is now I know Putts doesn't have to deal with people like you.
And so the faggot reveals his true hatred for Voat's community. Enjoy staying unemployed now that Puttitout's shrimp dick is no longer in your mouth.
PuttltOut
Topic points (SCP): 0
Reply points (CCP): 0

Post by PuttltOut »

Lord @PuttItOut, nice to see you finally show up!
FrothySolutions
Topic points (SCP): 0
Reply points (CCP): 14

Post by FrothySolutions »

Nosferatjew wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:14 am
PeaceSeeker wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:33 pm In the event that what Putt said about the funding is actually true, and he just has a different perspective than you, then there isn't really anything more he can say, and so speculation is inevitable. Given that what he says is basically true, and I for one believe that to be the case, then it follows that he has already told the truth, and people don't believe him, and so we have reached what is called an impasse, or stalemate.
Puttitout isn't going to respond to my questions, just as he never responded to anyone else's questions or accusations, because I am right, and he is a liar. Just like how I was right about being banned unjustly as u/draaaak a couple years ago for alleged "vote manipulation", despite my NEVER having ever violated the terms of service. Why do I bring this up? Because every time I tried to address this problem with Putt ditectly, YOU showed up to shut me down. Putt never responded to me, not once.. it was always you.

"Perspective" is hardly a relevant factor when we're talking about literally millions of $s in bitcoin donations, just sitting there, waiting to fund the operation of the site. I don't believe there was actually never a need for an "angel" in the first place, as voat was always well funded enough through donations. Your answer to my questions is bullshit, and you know it. If you are aware of the bitcoin wallet balance (and recent withdrawals), which I'm sure you are by now, then you are clearly also lying when you claim to believe Putt's explanation. We have not reached an impasse or stalemate. You're full of shit, making use of your perceived "authority" to push the narrative that Putt is an honest, benevolent site admin. Sort of makes me wonder if sanegoat might be right about you... The label of "shill" sure seems to fit you nicely. I'd love to see you how you attempt to respond to sanegoat's accusations.
I remember him saying money wasn't an issue. That donations would not and could not help, regardless of the amount. So something besides funding is preventing Voat's return.
iSnark
Topic points (SCP): 244
Reply points (CCP): 127

Post by iSnark »

Hey Putt,

I was a latecomer to VOAT, but I did enjoy my brief time on it! Whatever reason you had for shutting it down is not important.
Thank you for creating what was the absolute best forum experience around.

I appreciate the time and the work you put into VOAT. Whatever the replacement is, I hope it comes soon!
I spent a few days on other forums, and they sucked in comparison to VOAT!
I'm guessing you'll take some time to connect with life again, and I imagine you'll find something else to throw yourself into.
Studs like you don't generally like to sit around for long, they get bored and have to throw themselves into some new project.

Thanks!
SaneGoatiSwear

Post by SaneGoatiSwear »

iSnark wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:45 am Hey Putt,

I was a latecomer to VOAT, but I did enjoy my brief time on it! Whatever reason you had for shutting it down is not important.
Thank you for creating what was the absolute best forum experience around.

I appreciate the time and the work you put into VOAT. Whatever the replacement is, I hope it comes soon!
I spent a few days on other forums, and they sucked in comparison to VOAT!
I'm guessing you'll take some time to connect with life again, and I imagine you'll find something else to throw yourself into.
Studs like you don't generally like to sit around for long, they get bored and have to throw themselves into some new project.

Thanks!
Found a shill. When you’re done sucking putts shitty micro dick, make sure to gargle to get his impotent sperm out of your mouth. And don’t forget to floss.

He’s no stud. He’s a shitty coder that failed to capitalize on a lucrative business. Couldn’t (but wanted to) remake the website in a better language, couldn’t reduce costs (absurd hosting fees that companies with 100x the traffic do not have), dishonest, website constantly crashing, and a cuck.

Overall, voat was a honeypot and data aggregator on alt right people. Once election was stolen, voat was no longer necessary, and the group behind the puttitout account decided to end it.

Since funding was not an issue, there can be no other explanation other than puttitout is a giant larping sodomited homosexual cuckold.
iSnark
Topic points (SCP): 244
Reply points (CCP): 127

Post by iSnark »

I bet you thought you were posting this on REDDIT. Senility is such a bitch!
Chiefpacman
Topic points (SCP): 4
Reply points (CCP): 17

Post by Chiefpacman »

Sane and peace arguing on a Putt post. Just like the good ol' days.

edit: just need kevdude
PeaceSeeker
Topic points (SCP): 1
Reply points (CCP): 65

Post by PeaceSeeker »

Chiefpacman wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:33 pm Sane and peace arguing on a Putt post. Just like the good ol' days.

edit: just need kevdude
Sane is kind of easy to emulate, so it could be anyone.

But I can hope...