He just abandoned the voat.xyz name. Too late, let the meme wars commense!

Information or requests regarding possible replacements for Voat

MadWorld
Topic points (SCP): 1276
Reply points (CCP): 2987

Re: He just abandoned the voat.xyz name. Too late, let the meme wars commense!

Post by MadWorld »

antiliberalsociety wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:39 am Honeypot. What's the matter, didn't enough (((Ruqqus))) refugees join that kike federation scheme?
:lol: :lol: It is now federated with lemmy.ml.

https://web.archive.org/web/20211121144 ... ments=true

"federated_instances":{"linked":["baraza.africa","lemmy.ml","wolfballs.com"],"allowed":null,"blocked":null}}
Deleted User 2149

Post by Deleted User 2149 »

MadWorld wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:49 pm
antiliberalsociety wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:39 am Honeypot. What's the matter, didn't enough (((Ruqqus))) refugees join that kike federation scheme?

"federated_instances":{"linked":["baraza.africa","lemmy.ml","wolfballs.com"],"allowed":null,"blocked":null}}
What does this mean?
MadWorld

Post by MadWorld »

CognitiveDissident5 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:18 pm

What does this mean?
I am guessing that the content from other federated sites can appear on wolfballs.com from the time which they were federated.

https://web.archive.org/web/20211121153 ... New/page/2
Deleted User 2149

Rule 3 - no racial slurs. Not my kinda place.
MadWorld

Post by MadWorld »

CognitiveDissident5 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:54 pm Rule 3 - no racial slurs. Not my kinda place.
It is just weird to see that wiggle account shitposting on preview.goatpen.co; yet, he also shitposts on wolfballs.com, which is now federated with lemmy.ml.
Deleted User 2149

MadWorld wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:02 pm
CognitiveDissident5 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:54 pm Rule 3 - no racial slurs. Not my kinda place.
It is just weird to see that wiggle account shitposting on preview.goatpen.co; yet, he also shitposts on wolfballs.com, which is now federated with lemmy.ml.
Why, what do you mean? He's one of the good ones as far as I remember.
MadWorld

Post by MadWorld »

CognitiveDissident5 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:28 pm
MadWorld wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:02 pm
Why, what do you mean? He's one of the good ones as far as I remember.
:lol: His content will not survive on lemmy.ml.
antiliberalsociety
Topic points (SCP): 3394
Reply points (CCP): 4462

Post by antiliberalsociety »

> trusting the kikes

I knew that was a bad idea because it was (((carpfag))) who said it.
MadWorld

Post by MadWorld »

We should keep this link here, because it is hilarious :lol: :lol: . This was the last submission on the preview copy of SVF, shared by @chrimony. There were various bits and pieces shared in SVF's chatroom, just as halirious :lol: :lol:

https://web.archive.org/web/20211126163 ... e980a46ebf
[ - ] system [op] 9 points 1 day ago (+9/-0)*

"She says you got mad at her for doing her job. I assume there is some missing information?"

When I first started the site considering her for mod was a no-brainer because of her role on voat.co. Disagreements on how things should be handled started early which only continued and persisted. Over that time I've typed up countless paragraphs to her explaining how and why things should be handled. This is where the problem lies. No matter how much I explain or stress my reasoning, it just would not compute in her mind... And sometimes the very next day I'd be dealing with the same exact issue I just poured my heart and soul explaining to her. Basically it boils down to her view on moderation vs my view on moderation. My view is simple, at least I thought so, but it's basically this: Does the content have malicious intent? Is it REALLY malicious (virus, bad site etc)? if so remove. If not then ask "is the content easily avoidable?". It's that simple. But these are the fundamental questions Cynabuns fails to ask when making a decision on moderation. Her view (from my point of view) is this: They broke the rules, justice is coming (completely different from what I personally witnessed on voat.co) To quote myself in one of these 'explanations', "I want this place to feel like a lounge, not a classroom." I started to view her as the "teacher", which only morphed into her being the face of all censorship I've personally experienced in the past few years on the web. This is all not to say rules can be broken. But I believe people in positions of power NEED the ability to use discretion. Not every situation fits into a certain category and having the ability to assess the 'crime' AS WELL as the law is vital. I call it being reasonable but maybe others would disagree.
[ - ] Cynabuns 6 points 1 day ago (+6/-0)
I tried to bring that sense of fair-play that was at old voat (before it went wild west) and was told my efforts were very much appreciated. As time went on, some days, that sense of continuity we used to have was not wanted nor welcomed, and other days again it would be appreciated; it was becoming hard to know what he wanted depending on which way the wind was blowing that day maybe. Most recently, I fought with him tooth-and-nail on that new Following feature to get you goats the ability to not allow someone to follow you (bc creepy af; almost got fired for that) and tried to help him remember his punishments he'd handed out to one goat but not another, this was the kicker today. He mentions here that he didn't want this run like a school and I get that, not everything here needs a banhammer, but applying the rules and punishments should also be applied across the board imo. I'm sorry things didn't work out but it's questionable how much longer I'd have stayed on as a mod anyway; I don't like seeing him ban one user for a month while another user doing the same thing gets away scott-free. That was not the Voat Way back in the day and rather than him seeing my gentle reminders as just that, he appears to have seen that as questioning his authority, which as a woman apparently I'm not allowed to do. And for the record, almost every action I took on this site was reviewed with and blessed by him.
TLDR: Don't question his rationale on anything on a free speech site, having tits is verboten too and was two strikes against me from the start.
chrimony
Topic points (SCP): 20
Reply points (CCP): 173

Post by chrimony »

MadWorld wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:43 pm We should keep this link here, because it is hilarious :lol: :lol: . This was the last submission on the preview copy of SVF, shared by @chrimony.
Can somebody explain the "preview copy" of SVF? I was not aware of any such thing. I had posted using the link I've always been using for the SearchVoat forums, ever since true Voat shut down. I will repost again if need be, but I'm annoyed it got lost to the ether in the first place.