In regard to downvote limit/restriction, xyz resembles lite version of poal's no-downvote policy.

Information or requests regarding possible replacements for Voat

Broc_Lia
Topic points (SCP): 0
Reply points (CCP): 4

Re: In regard to downvote limit/restriction, xyz resembles lite version of poal's no-downvote policy.

Post by Broc_Lia »

I've seen the claims about cloudflare too, among other things. My experiences with them would also suggest that is out of character.
Deleted User 146629

Re: In regard to downvote limit/restriction, xyz resembles lite version of poal's no-downvote policy.

Post by Deleted User 146629 »

Broc_Lia wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:55 pm I've seen the claims about cloudflare too, among other things. My experiences with them would also suggest that is out of character.
Hi Broc Lia! I missed you, we debated about paganism and Christianity in a non retarded manor if I remember correctly, twas fun. How you been?
MadWorld
Topic points (SCP): 1276
Reply points (CCP): 2987

Post by MadWorld »

CognitiveDissident5 wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:46 pm I disagree, it seems SBBH has been trying to get cloudflare to deplatform the site. All they do it shit up the place and create a diversion from intelligent discourse.
I think we are forgetting the third party here. It appeared that system was blocking some IPs right after (((NWE))) was banned.
MadWorld

Post by MadWorld »

shewhomustbeobeyed wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:55 pm
CognitiveDissident5 wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:46 pm I disagree, it seems SBBH has been trying to get cloudflare to deplatform the site.
This right here is the part I don't understand about the situation. So I have no way of knowing the truth. My experience with @heygeorge, is that he has too much integrity to do that. Others of sbbh, idk. But I would dearly love a techtard explanation to how it all went down.
@heygeorge got banned by association.
https://web.archive.org/web/20210816175 ... a990cc8e93

[ - ] system 2 points 21 minutes ago (+2/-0)
SBBH is illegal here now.
Anyone can be banned by association at this point. Welcome to poal lite, where Dial becomes the "Builder" :lol: :lol:. You can still use that platform, just need to stay off the no-go zone.
shewhomustbeobeyed
Topic points (SCP): 246
Reply points (CCP): 2041

Post by shewhomustbeobeyed »

MadWorld wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:18 pm Anyone can be banned by association at this point. Welcome to poal lite, where Dial becomes the "Builder" :lol: :lol:. You can still use that platform, just need to stay off the no-go zone.
Good grief! I hope they keep him. I might go check out goatpen again, if they ever get out of preview. That's a dial-free-zone, amirite?
MadWorld

Post by MadWorld »

shewhomustbeobeyed wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:43 pm
MadWorld wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:18 pm Anyone can be banned by association at this point. Welcome to poal lite, where Dial becomes the "Builder" :lol: :lol:. You can still use that platform, just need to stay off the no-go zone.
Good grief! I hope they keep him. I might go check out goatpen again, if they ever get out of preview. That's a dial-free-zone, amirite?
It is using Lemmy. It probably would not get out of preview, due to the lack of developer. Votal.net is also using a forked version of Lemmy. I have heard that a few user/community was already banned from Votal on hate speech. So much for ruqqus refugee camp.
shewhomustbeobeyed
Topic points (SCP): 246
Reply points (CCP): 2041

Post by shewhomustbeobeyed »

MadWorld wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:25 pm Votal.net is also using a forked version of Lemmy. I have heard that a few user/community was already banned from Votal on hate speech. So much for ruqqus refugee camp.
I missed the whole ruqqus thing. Other than what ALS showed. Did they go all sjw? The only 'headline' I've seen was something like they were shutting ruqqus down, I think. And I've never heard of votal. Did you check it out?
MadWorld

Post by MadWorld »

shewhomustbeobeyed wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:47 pm
MadWorld wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:25 pm Votal.net is also using a forked version of Lemmy. I have heard that a few user/community was already banned from Votal on hate speech. So much for ruqqus refugee camp.
I missed the whole ruqqus thing. Other than what ALS showed. Did they go all sjw? The only 'headline' I've seen was something like they were shutting ruqqus down, I think. And I've never heard of votal. Did you check it out?
The short version was @antiliberalsociety broke ruqqus with his +HitlerWasRight related guilds. The admins are kikes who have used bullshit excuse to ban users. The most recent one was a purge of jew haters.

I thought votal.net was ok. ...and 10 minutes later, this happened. I got banned for pointing out a way to get around the slur filter.
chrimony
Topic points (SCP): 20
Reply points (CCP): 173

Post by chrimony »

MadWorld wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:59 pm I am sorry to say that xyz has turned into the spirit of poal real fast. "Say what you want" and "Have your say" and sheit... And this happened:
Just read through the live version of that thread: SBBH is no longer allowed here

Fuck voat.xyz. And fuck @The_Venerable. If I had any reserves about giving him the benefit of the doubt, they were gone after reading that thread, and the way he replied to users and tried to justify his actions. Crying about "lack of respect", mass banning users without specifically saying who was banned and why. The "report suspected sbbh accounts to /v/ReportJewsAndSBBH".

It's AOU all over again. Another "free speech" site bites the dust. This has cemented in my mind that the ONLY possibility for a free speech site to exist is to have a decentralized forum where individual users are in control of what they see, without any possibility for "admin" intervention.
Last edited by chrimony on Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrennKommando
Topic points (SCP): 0
Reply points (CCP): 24

Post by BrennKommando »

SBBH illegal now? As in law?? I thought we were the only goats that never denied being government officials :lol: