2 question PM and votes

To do list, requests for new features
Thisismyvoatusername
Topic points (SCP): 8
Reply points (CCP): 93

2 question PM and votes

Post by Thisismyvoatusername »

I was scrolling and hit a downvote on someone's comment. I tried to undo it, but I don't think it did.

Then I sent a PM to him asking if he had a notice of my downvoting him, I had wanted to know before making this post. That PM is still sitting in my Outbox much later.

So two questions:

1. Can votes be reversed? If not, can that be adjusted?

2. Is there a trick to sending a PM and having it actually go out?
SearchVoat
Topic points (SCP): 298
Reply points (CCP): 795

Re: 2 question PM and votes

Post by SearchVoat »

To remove your vote, click on the number of votes, I think it displays a list and you can delete there.

Not sure about the PM, I've noticed that too. I think maybe it shows in your Outbox until they've actually received it (i.e. maybe not currently logged in). I'll look into that...
Vindicator
Topic points (SCP): 95
Reply points (CCP): 266

Post by Vindicator »

Not sure about the PM, I've noticed that too. I think maybe it shows in your Outbox until they've actually received it (i.e. maybe not currently logged in). I'll look into that...
I am pretty sure that is the case. Had several piling up to someone who hadn't logged on for a few days. Then I got a reply and all of the Outbox messages cleared.

Would it be too hard to add an option to PM more than one person at a time with the same message? Right now, it's either cut and paste the message, or forward it. It yells at me if I try to message several people with the same PM.
SearchVoat

Post by SearchVoat »

Vindicator wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:27 am Would it be too hard to add an option to PM more than one person at a time with the same message? Right now, it's either cut and paste the message, or forward it. It yells at me if I try to message several people with the same PM.
Yep, it's just a setting. Should work now.
Vindicator
Topic points (SCP): 95
Reply points (CCP): 266

Post by Vindicator »

Sweet!
Deleted User 2149

Post by Deleted User 2149 »

I accidentally upvoted a pedo and cant undo it!
SearchVoat

Post by SearchVoat »

CognitiveDissident5 wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:03 am I accidentally upvoted a pedo and cant undo it!
Click on the number of upvotes, it gives you a list and you can delete yours.
Deleted User 2149

Post by Deleted User 2149 »

Can't find the post, can't remember where it is. Anyhow I found the Foes list, thanks. It enables you to ignore certain posters, however they can still PM you - this is something that could cause issues for users in future. Anyhow thanks for all your work, it's greatly appreciated.
SearchVoat

Post by SearchVoat »

Apparently in Control Panel -> Private Messages -> Rules, folders and settings you can create a rule that deletes messages from foes.
B3bomber
Topic points (SCP): 2
Reply points (CCP): 12

Post by B3bomber »

CognitiveDissident5 wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:24 am Can't find the post, can't remember where it is. Anyhow I found the Foes list, thanks. It enables you to ignore certain posters, however they can still PM you - this is something that could cause issues for users in future. Anyhow thanks for all your work, it's greatly appreciated.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=281

Aged's post.

I really should do something else. Reading is too hard right now. Spider hunting just shot the last bit of my nerves for the night.