Banned from the "free speech" site Poal

Poal was created by some ex-goats when Voat was in trouble a couple of years back. It is effectively a Voat clone. There has been some debate on Voat about the extent to which Poal is truly "free speech".
chrimony
Topic points (SCP): 20
Reply points (CCP): 173

Banned from the "free speech" site Poal

Post by chrimony »

No idea why. I haven't posted there or voted on anything ever since the April Fool's joke of randomized user names persisted for several days. I would only occasionally login to lookup something I had commented on. When I tried to login recently, said it was an invalid username/password and put up a captcha, which does nothing. I never broke any rules, except the unwritten one that you cannot criticize the stupid policies of AOU.

But there is this story, which I was going to log in to Poal to read when I noticed I was banned:

"Punished by AOU for upvoting users they don't like - then blaming it on the "algorithm""
MadWorld
Topic points (SCP): 1276
Reply points (CCP): 2987

Re: Banned from the "free speech" site Poal

Post by MadWorld »

chrimony wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 11:45 am I never broke any rules, except the unwritten one that you cannot criticize the stupid policies of AOU.

But there is this story, which I was going to log in to Poal to read when I noticed I was banned:

"Punished by AOU for upvoting users they don't like - then blaming it on the "algorithm""
:lol: :lol: You talked about him on another website; apparently that is forbidden too.
TheWholeTruth
Topic points (SCP): -9
Reply points (CCP): -12

Post by TheWholeTruth »

You got banned for being an insecure, vote-manipulating faggot.

How's that alt working out for you?
Deleted User 146629

Post by Deleted User 146629 »

TheWholeTruth wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:10 pm You got banned for being an insecure, vote-manipulating faggot.

Hey that sounds like AOU, it works great for him, people still use his site despite him being a well documented faggot. The best part is when AOU accuses people of using alts when he can't actually track that if someone uses something as advanced as a vpn.
chrimony
Topic points (SCP): 20
Reply points (CCP): 173

Post by chrimony »

TheWholeTruth wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:10 pm You got banned for being an insecure, vote-manipulating faggot.
Lulz, projecting as usual. You're just mad that your vote manipulation of my reputation here backfired.
Being banned from a site I didn't even use anymore, because the head admin is an immature, thin-skinned censorious bastard with stupid policies? Just fine.