MacPhisto is back .. and this time he ain't playin'

Moderator: MercurysBall2

MercurysBall2
Topic points (SCP): 821
Reply points (CCP): 3523

MacPhisto is back .. and this time he ain't playin'

Post by MercurysBall2 »

phpBB [video]
So, I looked up Achtung Baby from U2's Zoo TV Tour in 1991 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoo_TV_To ... ighting-20
Staged in support of their 1991 album Achtung Baby, the tour visited arenas and stadiums from 1992 to 1993. It was intended to mirror the group's new musical direction on Achtung Baby. In contrast to U2's austere stage setups from previous tours, the Zoo TV Tour was an elaborately staged multimedia spectacle, satirising television and media oversaturation by attempting to instill "sensory overload" in its audience.

..Bono said the group were fascinated with the possibilities of radio and how they could be expanded using video to "beam concerts into Peking or Prague for free" or spawn "video bootlegs in cultures where it's hard to get [U2's] music"

The band developed these ideas while recording Achtung Baby in Berlin at Hansa Studios. While in Germany, they watched television coverage of the Gulf War on Sky News, which was the only English programming available at their hotel

The juxtaposition of such disparate programming inspired U2 and Achtung Baby co-producer Brian Eno to conceive an "audio-visual show" that would display a rapidly changing mix of live and pre-recorded video on monitors
Last edited by MercurysBall2 on Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
EricKaliberhall
Topic points (SCP): 469
Reply points (CCP): 788

Re: MacPhisto is back .. and this type he ain't playin'

Post by EricKaliberhall »

I've always hated Bono, not because he is an evil cunt but because he is painfully mediocre. I am actually looking forward to 'Project Blue Beam', I want a magnificent sky event for the ages.