For the record...

argosciv
Topic points (SCP): 70
Reply points (CCP): 133

Re: For the record...

Post by argosciv »

Savesequim wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:13 pm Happy to send you PM's, but will not be sending you my usernames as I don't want to sour our exchange. Suffice to say we interacted frequently, and often butted heads.
Then we're at an impasse. You already know who you're talking to, if you want a fair discourse then we need a somewhat level playing field.
Keeping in mind that I do still have my suspicions about a handful of folks, it would be foolish of me to trust without reason. If you truly weren't acting out of malice when we butted heads, then it's in your interest to let me decide to trust you of my own accord, no?

Some voat habits (being wary of probing questions and statements aimed at getting a response when I said I wasn't interested in being questioned) die hard, for good reason.
Savesequim
Topic points (SCP): 9
Reply points (CCP): 6

Post by Savesequim »

argosciv wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:24 pm
Savesequim wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:13 pm Happy to send you PM's, but will not be sending you my usernames as I don't want to sour our exchange. Suffice to say we interacted frequently, and often butted heads.
Then we're at an impasse. You already know who you're talking to, if you want a fair discourse then we need a somewhat level playing field.
Keeping in mind that I do still have my suspicions about a handful of folks, it would be foolish of me to trust without reason. If you truly weren't acting out of malice when we butted heads, then it's in your interest to let me decide to trust you of my own accord, no?

Some voat habits (being wary of probing questions and statements aimed at getting a response when I said I wasn't interested in being questioned) die hard, for good reason.
To a degree I know who I'm talking to, I know you have access to the original argosciv acct.

However, I don't trust you yet, nor should I based on your history or my own suspicions. So the "malice" you speak of could go either way.

Since you don't recall much, the risk of revealing my usernames doesn't outweigh the reward of the information you may or may not have.

But that may change in time, and I'll continue to persistently question.
argosciv

Post by argosciv »

Savesequim wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:51 pm To a degree I know who I'm talking to, I know you have access to the original argosciv acct.
Don't be playin' coy now. Just play nice :P
We both know the only one of us at any risk is me.
Savesequim wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:51 pm However, I don't trust you yet, nor should I based on your history or my own suspicions. So the "malice" you speak of could go either way.
Like I said, impasse.
Savesequim wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:51 pm Since you don't recall much, the risk of revealing my usernames doesn't outweigh the reward of the information you may or may not have.

Oh I can already assure you (though whether you believe that or not is out of my control) there's nothing valuable to gain from me regarding PIA/Edon/etc.

EDIT: Derp, fucked the bbcode... fixt
Savesequim
Topic points (SCP): 9
Reply points (CCP): 6

Post by Savesequim »

I'm fine with an impasse @argosciv, if you can't help me with edon/PIA, the only thing I'm looking for is first person accounts of what was going through people's heads when they were under the Q/Trump/2nd gen Voat spell.

Idk what risk I present (though I'm sure others think otherwise). If its any consolation, my suspicions of you are miniscule compared to other users.

In any case, onward, and I look forward to your commentary.
kestrel9
Topic points (SCP): 1943
Reply points (CCP): 2881

Post by kestrel9 »

argosciv wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:01 pm
Savesequim wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:51 pm To a degree I know who I'm talking to, I know you have access to the original argosciv acct.
Don't be playin' coy now. Just play nice :P
We both know the only one of us at any risk is me.
Savesequim wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:51 pm However, I don't trust you yet, nor should I based on your history or my own suspicions. So the "malice" you speak of could go either way.
Like I said, impasse.
Savesequim wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:51 pm Since you don't recall much, the risk of revealing my usernames doesn't outweigh the reward of the information you may or may not have.

Oh I can already assure you (though whether you believe that or not is out of my control) there's nothing valuable to gain from me regarding PIA/Edon/etc.

EDIT: Derp, fucked the bbcode... fixt
As you can tell, @Savesequim is our most charming resident here. :lol: He did a phone interview with a vampire once (it's a play on names) and I had hoped he'd post it on his new sub so people could have a little background of the kind of research that interests him. Sadly he's chosen to remain mostly vague with ominous overtones. I spent the better half of a day looking into what he finally revealed in his posts to you (background info on the companies involved, because I like to research and it wasn't something I had been following at the time, too distracted with PG research and then Q and got sucked into major drama) but who knows what conclusions he's drawn and whether or not those are correct. Who knows what his motives are tbh. Writing a book?
argosciv

Post by argosciv »

Savesequim wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:16 pmfirst person accounts of what was going through people's heads when they were under the Q/Trump/2nd gen Voat spell.
Oh that one's easy, though in fairness I can only knowingly speak for myself despite the following general statement (which frankly is applicable to a lot of folks on either side of the proverbial fence(s)):

People want to help expose/fix what they perceive to be injustice in a broken world, but that desire can leave anyone vulnerable to being taken for a ride;
Some people wake up and get off the ride, others stay on it without realizing.
There's multiple rides going at once, sometimes we see each other at junctions and find our rides similar but then they diverge again... [Edit to add: sometimes we aren't so friendly with each other at these junctions because the ride we're on makes us believe that only our track can possibly be the real one] around and around it goes.

Maybe one day one of them will lead to a better world, but it's highly unlikely because the builder/operator was the problem all along.
Last edited by argosciv on Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
argosciv

Post by argosciv »

kestrel9 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:21 pmWho knows what his motives are tbh. Writing a book?
o_o
@Savesequim is Neon Revolt, confirmed!
(Said in jest, though the really funny part would be if it's true xD)
kestrel9
Topic points (SCP): 1943
Reply points (CCP): 2881

Post by kestrel9 »

argosciv wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:27 pm
kestrel9 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:21 pmWho knows what his motives are tbh. Writing a book?
o_o
Definitely said in jest! Who knows though if NR will be the subject of the 'great dox' @Savesequim plans to spring on us as the one who took down voat (also said in jest!)
shewhomustbeobeyed
Topic points (SCP): 246
Reply points (CCP): 2041

Post by shewhomustbeobeyed »

argosciv wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:27 pm o_o
:shock:
Please let this be untrue. not even funny, nope. Not one bit.
argosciv

Post by argosciv »

shewhomustbeobeyed wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:45 pm
argosciv wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:27 pm o_o
:shock:
Please let this be untrue. not even funny, nope. Not one bit.
Fairly certain it's untrue. Just got reminded of the good ol' days when i read the book part xD