It says a lot that you had to ban me from announcements to prevent my calling out your blatant lies

Savesequim
Topic points (SCP): 9
Reply points (CCP): 6

Re: It says a lot that you had to ban me from announcements to prevent my calling out your blatant lies

Post by Savesequim »

SearchVoat wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:53 pm
Savesequim wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:42 pm
SearchVoat wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:31 pm A thread here that links to a thread on Twitter, if I understand correctly. If I allow an external link to tlolc where a SVF user was doxed, why not allow an external link to Twitter that does the same thing? Yes?
Exactly, could I post a link to the thread? Could I post links to subtweets within that thread? Could I post links to the source material on SV Archive? Where is the line drawn?
The position of that line is exactly what I'm struggling with atm in e.g. this post.

I also think this is a major issue...
kestrel9 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:33 pm I ask because I'm wondering if what you post ends up putting will put a huge target on this site. The political climate of zero tolerance is now an organized and well-funded crusade. viewtopic.php?f=17&t=10262 viewtopic.php?f=17&t=10264 https://www.revolver.news/2022/09/trann ... kiwifarms/
...right now with respect to KWF.

(thinking)

Hmm on balance I think I'm going to have to delete that link to tlolc and risk interpreting the anti-dox rule too broadly, rather than allowing the tlolc and your link and risk interpreting the rule too narrowly, or abolish it entirely. Not ready to take that step yet.

Sorry. I can imagine how enthusiastic you are about posting this. It will have to stay on other sites for now.

Edit: remove personal info
Bums me out, but I appreciate your attempts to keep rule implementation consistent. Hope it changes someday
kestrel9
Topic points (SCP): 1943
Reply points (CCP): 2881

Re: It says a lot that you had to ban me from announcements to prevent my calling out your blatant lies

Post by kestrel9 »

Savesequim wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:44 pm
kestrel9 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:33 pm
Savesequim wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:26 pm

Literally on Twitter, I want to do a thread about a psy-op/Larp that occurred on voat/Twitter. Tangentially, this LARP was boosted by Voat users on twitter/youtube including a user who was involved in planning J6 and worked with flynn.

While much media coverage has gone into this user, their voat participation has not been discovered (though they regularly cross promoted themselves by linking to their other social media sites from their voat acct).

If I were to do this thread, one tweet would tangentially dox this user.

Theoretically could that whole thread not be cross posted, or just the one tweet that included the dox?
Are you planning on having the thread on twitter?

EDIT: I ask because I'm wondering if what you post ends up putting will put a huge target on this site. The political climate of zero tolerance is now an organized and well-funded crusade. viewtopic.php?f=17&t=10262 viewtopic.php?f=17&t=10264 https://www.revolver.news/2022/09/trann ... kiwifarms/
I've been thinking about that too as I'm not seeking to bring untoward attention to svf. I think I could phrase it in such a way that I call "SV an archive of the now defunct Voat" without mentioning SVF
Dude: "Literally on Twitter, I want to do a thread about a psy-op/Larp that occurred on voat/Twitter. Tangentially, this LARP was boosted by Voat users on twitter/youtube including a user who was involved in planning J6 and worked with flynn.

While much media coverage has gone into this user, their voat participation has not been discovered (though they regularly cross promoted themselves by linking to their other social media sites from their voat acct)."

Inadvertently linking to an old dox would be the least of the problem. viewtopic.php?f=17&t=10264
...I don’t think this has ever happened before,” one longtime cybersecurity expert told Revolver. “If IP addresses can be revoked, then the people who control them basically control the Internet and what is allowed on it.”

More broadly, the expert said, the strategy used on KiwiFarms has provided a a template that can be recreated over and over again.

“If somebody can mount a political attack to get IP allocations canceled, DDOS canceled, hosting canceled, and so on, it becomes very very difficult to operate anything outside the prescribed of acceptable behaviors,” he said.
The perfect storm really is more about the "J6 and worked with flynn" part of it. No doubt everything related to that story you are thinking of amplifying has been combed through before but now current political climate with elections looming, the agenda is to take everything in a scorched earth approach, burn it all down. This is imho. What SV thinks or decides about rules here will be irrelevant if that scenario were to happen. Activists are getting paid to find users/sites to build a public case justifying the revoking of IP addresses, just over free speech on trans issues alone. Think about it.
Savesequim

Post by Savesequim »

kestrel9 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:25 pm
kestrel9 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:33 pm

Are you planning on having the thread on twitter?

EDIT: I ask because I'm wondering if what you post ends up putting will put a huge target on this site. The political climate of zero tolerance is now an organized and well-funded crusade. viewtopic.php?f=17&t=10262 viewtopic.php?f=17&t=10264 https://www.revolver.news/2022/09/trann ... kiwifarms/
I've been thinking about that too as I'm not seeking to bring untoward attention to svf. I think I could phrase it in such a way that I call "SV an archive of the now defunct Voat" without mentioning SVF
Dude: "Literally on Twitter, I want to do a thread about a psy-op/Larp that occurred on voat/Twitter. Tangentially, this LARP was boosted by Voat users on twitter/youtube including a user who was involved in planning J6 and worked with flynn.

While much media coverage has gone into this user, their voat participation has not been discovered (though they regularly cross promoted themselves by linking to their other social media sites from their voat acct)."

Inadvertently linking to an old dox would be the least of the problem. viewtopic.php?f=17&t=10264
...I don’t think this has ever happened before,” one longtime cybersecurity expert told Revolver. “If IP addresses can be revoked, then the people who control them basically control the Internet and what is allowed on it.”

More broadly, the expert said, the strategy used on KiwiFarms has provided a a template that can be recreated over and over again.

“If somebody can mount a political attack to get IP allocations canceled, DDOS canceled, hosting canceled, and so on, it becomes very very difficult to operate anything outside the prescribed of acceptable behaviors,” he said.
The perfect storm really is more about the "J6 and worked with flynn" part of it. No doubt everything related to that story you are thinking of amplifying has been combed through before but now current political climate with elections looming, the agenda is to take everything in a scorched earth approach, burn it all down. This is imho. What SV thinks or decides about rules here will be irrelevant if that scenario were to happen. Activists are getting paid to find users/sites to build a public case justifying the revoking of IP addresses, just over free speech on trans issues alone. Think about it.
It's a tough issue. I don't endorse those mvmts/actions. At the same time, I also think the J6 trial is the best opportunity that exists to mainstream internet activities/influence ops and make the average person aware of how manipulated they are. I despise the modern right as much as the modern left. Both seek to psychologically rape for ctrl.

I disagree that all of these avenues have been explored however re: J6 planners/organizers. The average journalist is stifled by their limited perspective and reliance upon mainstream sources. While I appreciate what voat was, I still have many questions about how it was operated and funded. Free speech is one issue, transparency and data analytics are another.

Do you not think these trails should be followed?
kestrel9

Post by kestrel9 »

Savesequim wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:50 pm

It's a tough issue. I don't endorse those mvmts/actions. At the same time, I also think the J6 trial is the best opportunity that exists to mainstream internet activities/influence ops and make the average person aware of how manipulated they are. I despise the modern right as much as the modern left. Both seek to psychologically rape for ctrl.

I disagree that all of these avenues have been explored however re: J6 planners/organizers. The average journalist is stifled by their limited perspective and reliance upon mainstream sources. While I appreciate what voat was, I still have many questions about how it was operated and funded. Free speech is one issue, transparency and data analytics are another.

If you insist on putting this site at risk, then at least use screen shots only of the Voat material you are including, the live link to SVF is right on SV page.
Savesequim

Post by Savesequim »

kestrel9 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:55 pm

If you insist on putting this site at risk, then at least use screen shots only of the Voat material you are including, the live link to SVF is right on SV page.
Good thought. As I value the resource and don't want it going anywhere, I'll do just that
kestrel9

Post by kestrel9 »

Savesequim wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:01 am
kestrel9 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:55 pm

Good thought. As I value the resource and don't want it going anywhere, I'll do just that
I don't endorse those mvmts/actions. At the same time, I also think the J6 trial is the best opportunity that exists to mainstream internet activities/influence ops and make the average person aware of how manipulated they are. I despise the modern right as much as the modern left. Both seek to psychologically rape for ctrl.
Cointelpro? Modern right: Prep and buy Gold and Bitcoin! Modern Left: Resistance to our agenda is futile!
MadWorld
Topic points (SCP): 1276
Reply points (CCP): 2987

Post by MadWorld »

kestrel9 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:18 am Cointelpro? Modern right: Prep and buy Gold and Bitcoin! Modern Left: Resistance to our agenda is futile!
I want the option to gas them :lol: :lol:
kestrel9

Post by kestrel9 »

MadWorld wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:01 am
kestrel9 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:18 am Cointelpro? Modern right: Prep and buy Gold and Bitcoin! Modern Left: Resistance to our agenda is futile!
I want the option to gas them :lol: :lol:
This was pointing out extremes, not centralist views /s :lol: