Welcome Goats & Friends

For guitar players

Moderator: 1moar

Deleted User 4246

Post by Deleted User 4246 »

Last edited by Deleted User 4246 on Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
Deleted User 4246

Last edited by Deleted User 4246 on Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deleted User 4246

Last edited by Deleted User 4246 on Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Vindicator
Topic points (SCP): 95
Reply points (CCP): 266

Re: Welcome Goats & Friends

Post by Vindicator »

DawnRazor wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:45 pm * to add Gus because they belong together, she's been a widow for two years now.
Beautiful dogs. Dogs are so Good.

I still get angry when I drive by that vet. The worst part was, it was me doing internet research on symptoms that accurately diagnosed him. If I'd been two weeks sooner, he'd still be around.

It was actually TWO misdiagnosis events that occurred over about 6 months. The inciting incident was the little monster working with the cat to get a rack of ribs off the table on the deck where they were cooling, having come off the smoker. Cat pushed them to the edge, dog stood on his hind feet and pulled them off the table. HE ATE THE WHOLE RACK OF BABYBACK RIBS, bones and all.

It took us two days to figure out he had a bowel obstruction. $3000 worth of IV's, ultrasounds and overnight vet care later, we took him home and dosed him with Miralax. They failed to diagnose the pancreatitis he developed along with the bowel obstruction, and that led to the Cushings, a couple months later. They misdiagnosed that as Addisons and put him on a kidney failure diet, which was exactly the opposite of what he needed and exacerbated his situation exponentially. :-(
1moar
Topic points (SCP): 41
Reply points (CCP): 83

Post by 1moar »

Dang guys, I don't really have words sufficient to convey my sympathy. Our pets are our companions, literal best friends. To lose one is heartbreaking; though some of it is natures' cycle of life but this doesn't read like that. My condolences for your losses, both of ya. I had a dog and cat...I think the neighbor shot the cat, and the cops stole my dog; the latter being fact. I am remiss to say anything beyond that, except it was awful.
Deleted User 4246

Last edited by Deleted User 4246 on Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
1moar

Post by 1moar »

You're a riot DawnRazor. I can almost hear you going off on some of this when I read.

Sorry, thought I'd bring a touch of levity to the room lol.

People are the worst humans. Animals are what we could strive to be like, better ourselves, etc. I do my part, but the kikes and all that could certainly take a page or 500 and learn from it.
Deleted User 2149

Post by Deleted User 2149 »

Hey, thought you might like to know the Friday night guitar thread has been revived at the Goatpen.
Deleted User 4246

Last edited by Deleted User 4246 on Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
1moar

Post by 1moar »

CognitiveDissident5 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:16 am Hey, thought you might like to know the Friday night guitar thread has been revived at the Goatpen.
That's awesome, I just can't commit to another site. Work most Fridays as well, but I love it. Hell, still trying to sort my own head from my ass.