Subverses, moderators, forum structure etc: Suggestions & requests
Savesequim
Topic points (SCP): 9
Reply points (CCP): 6

Re: Requesting new sub VoatHistory

Post by Savesequim »

SearchVoat wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:45 pm
Savesequim wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:31 pm
SearchVoat wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:00 pm Oh and by the way @Savesequim this better not be a flimsy excuse for doxxing
It won't be flimsy, I promise.
I'd just remind you of this post viewtopic.php?p=30292#p30292 and to be clear I consider the Voat Archive to be "another site", because the priority there is preservation and it's not subject to the same rules as SVF.
We're on the same page, I'm just being a smart-ass

my doxxing of Voat accts and by extension SearchVoat users, will remain on other sites (even though they are responsible for Voat's shutdown and merit exposure IMO)

P.S. how amenable are you to interviews? I know you've appeared on Tlolocaust. The angle is the thanklessness/difficulty of administrating freespeech sites.
SearchVoat
Topic points (SCP): 298
Reply points (CCP): 795

Post by SearchVoat »

Savesequim wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:05 pm P.S. how amenable are you to interviews? I know you've appeared on Tlolocaust. The angle is the thanklessness/difficulty of administrating freespeech sites.
I'd consider it
Savesequim

Post by Savesequim »

SearchVoat wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:03 am
Savesequim wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:05 pm P.S. how amenable are you to interviews? I know you've appeared on Tlolocaust. The angle is the thanklessness/difficulty of administrating freespeech sites.
I'd consider it
Sweet, I'll dm you.
shewhomustbeobeyed
Topic points (SCP): 246
Reply points (CCP): 2041

Post by shewhomustbeobeyed »

Savesequim wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:35 pm I've been told I can't moderate the other sub as I'd like to, and I distrust the other mod (as do you). This is the solution @SearchVoat suggested.
What would you do in other sub that @SearchVoat won't allow? What wrong with other mod?
Sorry SWMBO, I can't resume our romance
Eww. i'd break u, like twig.
kestrel9
Topic points (SCP): 1943
Reply points (CCP): 2881

Post by kestrel9 »

shewhomustbeobeyed wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:46 am
Savesequim wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:35 pm I've been told I can't moderate the other sub as I'd like to, and I distrust the other mod (as do you). This is the solution @SearchVoat suggested.
What would you do in other sub that @SearchVoat won't allow? What wrong with other mod?
:lol: :lol:

'The Other Mod' posted once in that sub and that was over a year and a half ago.
Savesequim

Post by Savesequim »

kestrel9 wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:43 pm
shewhomustbeobeyed wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:46 am
:lol: :lol:

'The Other Mod' posted once in that sub and that was over a year and a half ago.
@kestrel9 Mhmm, and he was involved in the confidence operation spurred by Voat's third owner that ultimately destroyed the site and sold out its userbase's data to a **very** questionable third party (as revealed to me by Voat's founder)

Don't play dumb @shewhomustbeobeyed - you know exactly what's wrong with the other mod as is easily viewed in SV archives. I sought an ouster that @SearchVoat refused due to optics (understandable).
shewhomustbeobeyed

Savesequim wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:25 am @kestrel9 Mhmm, and he was involved in the confidence operation spurred by Voat's third owner that ultimately destroyed the site and sold out its userbase's data to a **very** questionable third party (as revealed to me by Voat's founder)
Does this mean you've "interviewed" @Atko, @PuttItOut, or both? Is there a link to something? You could spill the beans about what those people did, without doxxing them. Just write it using their OV user names, only. Then it's just an opinion, not dox. maybe?
Don't play dumb @shewhomustbeobeyed - you know exactly what's wrong with the other mod as is easily viewed in SV archives. I sought an ouster that @SearchVoat refused due to optics (understandable).
While I had problems with @argosciv, on OV, that doesn't mean my reasons are same as yours. Without you saying, how am i supposed to know?
If @SearchVoat wants to keep fagos, that's his choice.
SearchVoat
Topic points (SCP): 298
Reply points (CCP): 795

Post by SearchVoat »

shewhomustbeobeyed wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:44 pm You could spill the beans about what those people did, without doxxing them. Just write it using their OV user names, only. Then it's just an opinion, not dox. maybe?
Any user active in the last few months of OV has an account here, so is protected by the anti-dox rule.
shewhomustbeobeyed

SearchVoat wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:26 pm
shewhomustbeobeyed wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:44 pm You could spill the beans about what those people did, without doxxing them. Just write it using their OV user names, only. Then it's just an opinion, not dox. maybe?
Any user active in the last few months of OV has an account here, so is protected by the anti-dox rule.
That's why I said to write it as opinion. I meant that if he just told the story using their OV names, and didn't link to any sources, or use their real names, that it would be the same as the shit we've all had to endure from LouGehrig. Wouldn't it?
Also, didn't you say we could share doxx material in DM, just not post it in forum or chat? I thought you did, somewhere.
What if he wrote it like a CDAN(crazydaysandnights) Blind Item? With A B C D, marking all the different players?
Savesequim

Post by Savesequim »

SearchVoat wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:26 pm
What about our founder/first admin who openly revealed their name from the beginning of Voat and is publically referenced in all MSM reporting on Voat?

If I reference him are you gonna consider it doxxing if I refer to both his irl name and OV acct and SV acct?