[Voat Emulation] Deletion History.

To do list, requests for new features
argosciv
Topic points (SCP): 70
Reply points (CCP): 133

[Voat Emulation] Deletion History.

Post by argosciv »

So this one will be a lot tougher to emulate on a BB Forum than, say, chat was.

One of the big things Voat had was the ability to see any and all deleted submissions/comments (threads and replies here) in a given subverse (subforum here). This served 2 purposes:
  1. Moderator accountability
  2. Ability to see the removed content if one so chose to
I'm a bit too rusty to know if deleted content on phpbb is outright removed from the database or merely flagged as "deleted", but if it's the latter, things would be a tad easier.
Basically, I'd like to be able to – as a user without mod privs – see the deleted threads and replies in all subverses. Occasionally I get notifications for new topics but by the time I click to read, the topic is deleted and beyond view... I'm a curious guy, sometimes I'd just like to know what I missed. It should be noted though that the only deletions which should be viewable would be those performed by a subverse/subforum moderator/owner; not personal deletions by the thread/comment author.

This won't be a particularly easy task even if deleted content is merely flagged as such (thus still extant) in the database, so I'm not expecting any immediate implementation. I just think it would be good on the grounds of emulating what we had at Voat.