Requesting new sub VoatHistory

Subverses, moderators, forum structure etc: Suggestions & requests
SearchVoat
Topic points (SCP): 298
Reply points (CCP): 795

Re: Requesting new sub VoatHistory

Post by SearchVoat »

shewhomustbeobeyed wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:27 pm That's why I said to write it as opinion. I meant that if he just told the story using their OV names, and didn't link to any sources, or use their real names, that it would be the same as the shit we've all had to endure from LouGehrig. Wouldn't it?
Also, didn't you say we could share doxx material in DM, just not post it in forum or chat? I thought you did, somewhere.
What if he wrote it like a CDAN(crazydaysandnights) Blind Item? With A B C D, marking all the different players?
Yes, yes and yes.
SearchVoat
Topic points (SCP): 298
Reply points (CCP): 795

Post by SearchVoat »

Savesequim wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:43 am What about our founder/first admin who openly revealed their name from the beginning of Voat and is publically referenced in all MSM reporting on Voat?

If I reference him are you gonna consider it doxxing if I refer to both his irl name and OV acct and SV acct?
Well, yes, I'm afraid I am, just to maintain consistency. But if everyone knows who he is there's no need to mention his IRL name, right?
shewhomustbeobeyed
Topic points (SCP): 246
Reply points (CCP): 2041

Post by shewhomustbeobeyed »

SearchVoat wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:01 am Yes, yes and yes.
You're so easy! But don't let anyone call you cheap. If they do, I'll box their ears!
@Savesequim, now you can tell your tale. Just use the OV usernames, don't include any links. And make it as snarky as you'd like.
I've got lots of popcorn!
kestrel9
Topic points (SCP): 1943
Reply points (CCP): 2881

Post by kestrel9 »

shewhomustbeobeyed wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:49 pm
You're so easy! But don't let anyone call you cheap. If they do, I'll box their ears!
@Savesequim, now you can tell your tale. Just use the OV usernames, don't include any links. And make it as snarky as you'd like.
I've written it for @Savesequim:

"Some people did something..."
doginventer
Topic points (SCP): 3353
Reply points (CCP): 732

Post by doginventer »

kestrel9 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:49 am

Are you insinuating that @Savesequim intends to contribute in some way to SearchVoat?
Surely that would defeat the point of being absentee admin.
kestrel9
Topic points (SCP): 1943
Reply points (CCP): 2881

Post by kestrel9 »

doginventer wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:29 am

Are you insinuating that @Savesequim intends to contribute in some way to SearchVoat?
There's another way, use interpretive dance to tell the story
phpBB [video]
shewhomustbeobeyed

doginventer wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:29 am

Now you both know, we should give our newest mod the chance to make his post, and then ridicule him.
Who knows, he might be this kind of a mod. -
phpBB [video]

:lol:
argosciv
Topic points (SCP): 70
Reply points (CCP): 133

Post by argosciv »

shewhomustbeobeyed wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:44 pm
Savesequim wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:25 am @kestrel9 Mhmm, and he was involved in the confidence operation spurred by Voat's third owner that ultimately destroyed the site and sold out its userbase's data to a **very** questionable third party (as revealed to me by Voat's founder)
Does this mean you've "interviewed" @Atko, @PuttItOut, or both? Is there a link to something? You could spill the beans about what those people did, without doxxing them. Just write it using their OV user names, only. Then it's just an opinion, not dox. maybe?
Don't play dumb @shewhomustbeobeyed - you know exactly what's wrong with the other mod as is easily viewed in SV archives. I sought an ouster that @SearchVoat refused due to optics (understandable).
While I had problems with @argosciv, on OV, that doesn't mean my reasons are same as yours. Without you saying, how am i supposed to know?
If @SearchVoat wants to keep fagos, that's his choice.
Not sure exactly what's going on here but from what I can tell someone wants a sub I once had, due to inactivity on my part? Go for it, I put all of that digging and such behind me long ago. All the best for those who still have the energy for it.
argosciv
Topic points (SCP): 70
Reply points (CCP): 133

Post by argosciv »

kestrel9 wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:43 pm
shewhomustbeobeyed wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:46 am
Savesequim wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:35 pm I've been told I can't moderate the other sub as I'd like to, and I distrust the other mod (as do you). This is the solution @SearchVoat suggested.
What would you do in other sub that @SearchVoat won't allow? What wrong with other mod?
Sorry SWMBO, I can't resume our romance
Eww. i'd break u, like twig.
:lol: :lol:

'The Other Mod' posted once in that sub and that was over a year and a half ago.
I mean, yeah, my bad for going in active... dick move without offering up the subverse someone else.
But if I'm reading this thread correctly, I'm being accused of being part of a plot to get voat shut down and being threatened with doxxing? */shrug*

For whatever it's worth, I was as disheartened as the next when the news of an imminent shut down was confirmed and also mortified that I'd misread the situation. Due to all the shit we were all flinging at each other at the time, I didn't know who was just being a cunt and who was on to something regarding... fuck i can't even remember the company's name... PIA or some shit? Errors in judgement were made by me no doubt but to suggest I actively conspired to shut voat down is just silly. I loved it there.

Got bored today so I figured I'd poke my head in and see who's still around and I read all this stuff and it's like "well shit, I don't have any problem with you guys anymore and i know some of us were never friends... but i sure as shit wasn't the bad guy". Hope you're all doin' well regardless of past issues. I'm just out here livin' my life.

@shewhomustbeobeyed @Savesequim (don't even know who you are, but same goes for you, i'm not here with an axe to grind)
shewhomustbeobeyed

argosciv wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:02 pm
kestrel9 wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:43 pm
shewhomustbeobeyed wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:46 am
What would you do in other sub that @SearchVoat won't allow? What wrong with other mod?

Eww. i'd break u, like twig.
:lol: :lol:

'The Other Mod' posted once in that sub and that was over a year and a half ago.
I mean, yeah, my bad for going in active... dick move without offering up the subverse someone else.
But if I'm reading this thread correctly, I'm being accused of being part of a plot to get voat shut down and being threatened with doxxing? */shrug*

For whatever it's worth, I was as disheartened as the next when the news of an imminent shut down was confirmed and also mortified that I'd misread the situation. Due to all the shit we were all flinging at each other at the time, I didn't know who was just being a cunt and who was on to something regarding... fuck i can't even remember the company's name... PIA or some shit? Errors in judgement were made by me no doubt but to suggest I actively conspired to shut voat down is just silly. I loved it there.

Got bored today so I figured I'd poke my head in and see who's still around and I read all this stuff and it's like "well shit, I don't have any problem with you guys anymore and i know some of us were never friends... but i sure as shit wasn't the bad guy". Hope you're all doin' well regardless of past issues. I'm just out here livin' my life.

@shewhomustbeobeyed @Savesequim (don't even know who you are, but same goes for you, i'm not here with an axe to grind)
Fagos!!! I'm glad to see you're alive. @MadWorld had me worried, with all that 'jab is safe' nonsense. I know you loved Voat, and never thought you were there to shut it down.