It says a lot that you had to ban me from announcements to prevent my calling out your blatant lies

chrimony
Topic points (SCP): 20
Reply points (CCP): 173

Re: It says a lot that you had to ban me from announcements to prevent my calling out your blatant lies

Post by chrimony »

SearchVoat wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:54 pm But I fully understand that many people will see disclosing that breach of trust as worse than doing it secretly, which I'm sure is common on sites like this.
I commend you for disclosing what you did. But it doesn't absolve you of the consequences -- which, in this case, is just public opinion.
antiliberalsociety
Topic points (SCP): 3394
Reply points (CCP): 4462

Re: It says a lot that you had to ban me from announcements to prevent my calling out your blatant lies

Post by antiliberalsociety »

chrimony wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:29 pm
antiliberalsociety wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:18 pm Why do you equate me to that pedophile? I'm not the one destroying the boards, I'm the one pointing out the shit that will lead to its demise. You're blaming the messenger.
Because you take your crusading to extreme levels. blumen is willing to tear down a forum by prancing on the line of banning, and you're willing to go to war against admins and users if they aren't willing to ban guys like blumen. You've made enemies of even people who used to be your allies.
Anyone willing to protect Weimar shit is no ally. I go to war to expose the truth when they get up to dirty shit that undermines what free speech, and freedom as a whole stands for. I see shit before anyone else does, and I put a name on it. You think it's an accident people know Blume's a pedo, and TexasVet is a fraud? You think it's an accident the Ruqqus admins pulled a shoah right as I said they would?

I never once called for Blume's ban - only pedo shit. If that causes a meltdown in the admin/userbase relationship - the problem is a lot bigger than I am. Anyone with a fucking conscience should know that.
Savesequim
Topic points (SCP): 9
Reply points (CCP): 6

Post by Savesequim »

SearchVoat wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:54 pm
chrimony wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:42 pm
SearchVoat wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:20 am 1. Allow doxing without limitation. Everyone's responsible for their own opsec.
I'm already on record of supporting this. It actually aligns with the 1st Amendment, and it's the simplest policy.
Yeah I'm leaning that way as well.
:D
SearchVoat
Topic points (SCP): 298
Reply points (CCP): 795

Post by SearchVoat »

When you say "tweets" do mean literally on twitter, or do you mean posts here?
Savesequim

Post by Savesequim »

SearchVoat wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:11 pm When you say "tweets" do mean literally on twitter, or do you mean posts here?
Literally on Twitter, I want to do a thread about a psy-op/Larp that occurred on voat/Twitter. Tangentially, this LARP was boosted by Voat users on twitter/youtube including a user who was involved in planning J6 and worked with flynn.

While much media coverage has gone into this user, their voat participation has not been discovered (though they regularly cross promoted themselves by linking to their other social media sites from their voat acct).

If I were to do this thread, one tweet would tangentially dox this user.

Theoretically could that whole thread not be cross posted, or just the one tweet that included the dox?
SearchVoat

Post by SearchVoat »

Savesequim wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:26 pm Literally on Twitter, I want to do a thread about a psy-op/Larp that occurred on voat/Twitter. Tangentially, this LARP was boosted by Voat users on twitter/youtube including a user who was involved in planning J6 and worked with flynn.

While much media coverage has gone into this user, their voat participation has not been discovered (though they regularly cross promoted themselves by linking to their other social media sites from their voat acct).

Theoretically could that whole thread not be cross posted, or just the one tweet that included the dox?
A thread here that links to a thread on Twitter, if I understand correctly. If I allow an external link to tlolc where a SVF user was doxed, why not allow an external link to Twitter that does the same thing? Yes?
kestrel9
Topic points (SCP): 1943
Reply points (CCP): 2881

Post by kestrel9 »

Savesequim wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:26 pm
SearchVoat wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:11 pm When you say "tweets" do mean literally on twitter, or do you mean posts here?
Literally on Twitter, I want to do a thread about a psy-op/Larp that occurred on voat/Twitter. Tangentially, this LARP was boosted by Voat users on twitter/youtube including a user who was involved in planning J6 and worked with flynn.

Are you planning on having the thread on twitter?

EDIT: I ask because I'm wondering if what you post ends up putting will put a huge target on this site. The political climate of zero tolerance is now an organized and well-funded crusade. viewtopic.php?f=17&t=10262 viewtopic.php?f=17&t=10264 https://www.revolver.news/2022/09/trann ... kiwifarms/
Last edited by kestrel9 on Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Savesequim

Post by Savesequim »

SearchVoat wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:31 pm
Savesequim wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:26 pm Literally on Twitter, I want to do a thread about a psy-op/Larp that occurred on voat/Twitter. Tangentially, this LARP was boosted by Voat users on twitter/youtube including a user who was involved in planning J6 and worked with flynn.

A thread here that links to a thread on Twitter, if I understand correctly. If I allow an external link to tlolc where a SVF user was doxed, why not allow an external link to Twitter that does the same thing? Yes?
Exactly, could I post a link to the thread? Could I post links to subtweets within that thread? Could I post links to the source material on SV Archive? Where is the line drawn?
Savesequim

Post by Savesequim »

kestrel9 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:33 pm
Savesequim wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:26 pm

Are you planning on having the thread on twitter?

EDIT: I ask because I'm wondering if what you post ends up putting will put a huge target on this site. The political climate of zero tolerance is now an organized and well-funded crusade. viewtopic.php?f=17&t=10262 viewtopic.php?f=17&t=10264 https://www.revolver.news/2022/09/trann ... kiwifarms/
I've been thinking about that too as I'm not seeking to bring untoward attention to svf. I think I could phrase it in such a way that I call "SV an archive of the now defunct Voat" without mentioning SVF
SearchVoat

Post by SearchVoat »

Savesequim wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:42 pm
SearchVoat wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:31 pm A thread here that links to a thread on Twitter, if I understand correctly. If I allow an external link to tlolc where a SVF user was doxed, why not allow an external link to Twitter that does the same thing? Yes?
Exactly, could I post a link to the thread? Could I post links to subtweets within that thread? Could I post links to the source material on SV Archive? Where is the line drawn?
The position of that line is exactly what I'm struggling with atm in e.g. this post.

I also think this is a major issue...
kestrel9 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:33 pm I ask because I'm wondering if what you post ends up putting will put a huge target on this site. The political climate of zero tolerance is now an organized and well-funded crusade. viewtopic.php?f=17&t=10262 viewtopic.php?f=17&t=10264 https://www.revolver.news/2022/09/trann ... kiwifarms/
...right now with respect to KWF.

(thinking)

Hmm on balance I think I'm going to have to delete that link to tlolc and risk interpreting the anti-dox rule too broadly, rather than allowing the tlolc and your link and risk interpreting the rule too narrowly, or abolish it entirely. Not ready to take that step yet.

Sorry. I can imagine how enthusiastic you are about posting this. It will have to stay on other sites for now.

Edit: remove personal info
Last edited by SearchVoat on Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.