Dox drama

SearchVoat
Topic points (SCP): 298
Reply points (CCP): 795

Dox drama

Post by SearchVoat »

There've been a hundred questions about doxing over the last couple of days. I'll answer them all here. One question per post please so I can easily quote-reply.

I'll kick off:

What does 1. No doxxing of site members mean?

It means you mustn't post publicly anything that can personally identify a user here.

"a user here" means anyone registered at https://searchvoat.co. That includes about 19,000 voat.co users for whom I created account in the last days of voat.co. (There's a low-priority bug here; it only shows 563 members at the bottom of the front page; but if you search for a voat.co user here you'll probably find them)

"post publicly" means you CAN discuss in PMs but CANNOT post on a board

"Self-doxxing"

Some sites have an exception for "self-doxxing". This seems to mean that if someone posts personally identifying info somewhere, here or elsewhere, then the rule no longer applies to that user. THAT EXCEPTION DOES NOT APPLY HERE. Users here are protected from being doxxed even if they are stupid enough to identify themselves, here or elsewhere.

EXCEPT you can post personally identifying information about YOURSELF under your own username.

ALSO, you can post a declaration here which says something to the effect "I am @username and I am happy to be identified here. My real name is XXXX" This declaration MUST include @SearchVoat so it can be logged and "formalised".

(To be clear: if a user has not posted such a declaration, other users MUST NOT post publicly their identifying information, not even the information that the user already posted. Reposting another's id info like that will warrant a ban - which can be appealed. Mistakes are made.)

BUT BEWARE: If these exceptions are abused IN ANY WAY, e.g. by posting another user's real name and pretending they have done it themselves, that will warrant an INSTANT BAN, no recourse. I will do everything I can to prevent the offending user from ever posting here again.
SearchVoat

Re: Dox drama

Post by SearchVoat »

Are you a pedo?
SearchVoat

Post by SearchVoat »

SearchVoat wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:17 pm Are you a pedo?
No
SearchVoat

Post by SearchVoat »

The whole redefining "no doxxing of site members" to include self-dox, does it have to do with your own IRL identity being exposed, because of recent events?
SearchVoat

Post by SearchVoat »

SearchVoat wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:19 pm The whole redefining "no doxxing of site members" to include self-dox, does it have to do with your own IRL identity being exposed, because of recent events?
As far as I know, my IRL identity has not been exposed. AFAIK, the information available about me includes the fact that I have been suicidal (in the past; very far away from that place now Thank God) and that I live in NSW, Australia. If there's anything out there that identifies me in any other way I would appreciate it if you sent me a PM about it.
SearchVoat

Post by SearchVoat »

Are you willing to go as far as deleting or redacting those entries from the archive, in order to achieve that no-doxxing rule?
shewhomustbeobeyed
Topic points (SCP): 246
Reply points (CCP): 2041

Post by shewhomustbeobeyed »

Can we still staple B4As bottom lip to his nose? I think it will fit.
SearchVoat

Post by SearchVoat »

SearchVoat wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:22 pm Are you willing to go as far as deleting or redacting those entries from the archive, in order to achieve that no-doxxing rule?
Yes. I will remove posts which include identifying info. In the last couple of days I have removed posts and chat messages which include a certain user's photograph, or first and last name.
SearchVoat

Post by SearchVoat »

shewhomustbeobeyed wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:24 pm Can we still staple B4As bottom lip to his nose? I think it will fit.
Pro-social behaviour will always be encouraged here
shewhomustbeobeyed
Topic points (SCP): 246
Reply points (CCP): 2041

Post by shewhomustbeobeyed »

SearchVoat wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:25 pm
shewhomustbeobeyed wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:24 pm Can we still staple B4As bottom lip to his nose? I think it will fit.
Pro-social behaviour will always be encouraged here
Good, Imma gonna go get the velvet ants now!
@blumen4alles is a stupid little shit.