Heilbron Boer concentration camp graveyard in South Africa

Deleted User 2149

Heilbron Boer concentration camp graveyard in South Africa

Post by Deleted User 2149 »

g]
Last edited by Deleted User 2149 on Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thisismyaccount
Topic points (SCP): 3702
Reply points (CCP): 5606

Re: Heilbron Boer concentration camp graveyard in South Africa

Post by Thisismyaccount »

There is a book called "Scapegoats of the Empire" written after the Boer war by an Australian officer who was court-martialed by the British Generals. 3 officers were pronounced guilty in that fiasco. 2 were executed and the third was given a life sentence. He was eventually released, and he wrote that book exposing the British and the orders they were given about Boer prisoners of war. As I have said in the past I never agreed with that war and seeing the movie "Breaker Morant" which was a true story, cemented it for me.
Deleted User 2149

Post by Deleted User 2149 »

Thisismyaccount wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:23 pm There is a book called "Scapegoats of the Empire" written after the Boer war by an Australian officer who was court-martialed by the British Generals. 3 officers were pronounced guilty in that fiasco. 2 were executed and the third was given a life sentence. He was eventually released, and he wrote that book exposing the British and the orders they were given about Boer prisoners of war. As I have said in the past I never agreed with that war and seeing the movie "Breaker Morant" which was a true story, cemented it for me.
One of my most precious possessions is a book called Hou Vas Jong Suid Afrika which was published thanks to the efforts of an old friend now deceased. It contains first hand accounts from Boer women. It is very thin, more of a booklet. It should be compulsory reading for all White South African children. But instead they get to learn false kaffer history promoted by the edJEWcators.
Thisismyaccount
Topic points (SCP): 3702
Reply points (CCP): 5606

Post by Thisismyaccount »

Sounds like something I would like to read CD5 but, however I don't know Afrikaans. But my Scottish grandfather on my mother's side of the family had no love for the Brits. He was a child when the last Boer/brit war broke out and he never would talk about it. But he had no love for the brits and emigrated to Canada to get away from them. He was my childhood hero and is still my hero to this day. I always said that if I was half the man he was I would be happy with that.