Abandoned sub guidelines

Moderator: kestrel9

kestrel9
Topic points (SCP): 1943
Reply points (CCP): 2881

Abandoned sub guidelines

Post by kestrel9 »

Basically the theme of this sub is 'Abandoned places and obscure history'.

Backstory of why I requested this sub: For the short time I was on Ruqqus, before that site was declared abandoned by it's creators, there was a new user who showed up and created many 'guilds' (subs). Like a ventilator, he worked hard via what initially appeared like spam (but wasn't) to add content, in an attempt to force oxygen into the hardened lungs of the site, which were gasping for new content and participation.

He was subsequently banned off the site and so the many, many guilds he created were thus abandoned (many were worthwhile imho). One of those was "Abandoned" which struck me as ironic. (Even more so now that Ruqqus itself is being left behind.) At any rate, I 'layed seige' to take over the guild Abandoned. (The process was a little delayed and some asswipe downvoted me and snarked "why don't you just contribute to existing guilds?")

The creator of Abandoned put it in the 'Architecture' category which I promptly changed to 'History' because I didn't want it to be just a pinterest-esque guild like so many others. I had interesting content (of interest to me anyway lol) and I quickly increased the number of subscribers from 4 to 12. Hahaha.

Unfortunately for the lifespan of Ruqqus, they recently banned quite a few voices so as not to offend the majority of 'free speech' milk toast users, and created a backlash where a large number of the most active creators/contributors to the guilds I most frequented left the site. The momentum of content became even more stale and I lost interest in the forum. Yesterday I discovered it was being left behind and I decided to not Abandon some of my work from my little guild. :D
MadWorld
Topic points (SCP): 1276
Reply points (CCP): 2987

Re: Abandoned sub guidelines

Post by MadWorld »

> Abandoned sub guidelines

:lol: :lol: Funny title.
antiliberalsociety
Topic points (SCP): 3394
Reply points (CCP): 4462

Re: Abandoned sub guidelines

Post by antiliberalsociety »

That user was milkit, he also did that to voat.xyz and got banned from there too.