It appears that users are required to log into xyz account in order to view full /v/all/new submissions.

Information or requests regarding possible replacements for Voat

MadWorld
Topic points (SCP): 1276
Reply points (CCP): 2987

It appears that users are required to log into xyz account in order to view full /v/all/new submissions.

Post by MadWorld »

I just got a shout-out recently. Xyz usually listed almost all submissions under /v/all/new. The new change now requires viewers to register accounts in order to see a full list of submissions. According to what is available on @SearchVoat's search result. This new change started about 3 days ago. So the change is relatively new. It also means that @SearchVoat would not be able to fetch and index a greater number of submissions and comments, other than what is available in public view. Given that xyz is heading into the direction of poal, I believe it has no intention of letting @SearchVoat index its data.

I find it odd that an "anon" post spotted the change about two days since the new update and knew exactly the difference between login and non-login views, with respect to which subverses would be shown.
https://web.archive.org/web/20210824152 ... 448d6da32c

Shout to all lurkers, if you not logged in, you can see just subs owned by @system

submitted by anon to AnonTalk 14 hours ago (+4/-0) (AnonTalk)
It was probably one of the sock puppets associated with @freshmeat crew, which I believe is currently running the show.

A shout-out to @SearchVoat, you may need to update your scraping bot, once again.