I think poal is a good alternative

Poal was created by some ex-goats when Voat was in trouble a couple of years back. It is effectively a Voat clone. There has been some debate on Voat about the extent to which Poal is truly "free speech".
tokui
Topic points (SCP): -1
Reply points (CCP): -1

Re: I think poal is a good alternative

Post by tokui »

seidoken wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:01 am The name of the subverse is where the title of the post should be and the title is where the subverse should be.
I don't really mind it, but it does give it more of a BB flavor.
Thisismyvoatusername
Topic points (SCP): 8
Reply points (CCP): 93

Post by Thisismyvoatusername »

Yes, that downvote thing is a problem, their etiquette, that is. We're not used to being so polite, it's more a PC thing, if you ask me.
The problem is that was one of the main driving forces for them to establish a site apart from Voat. They wanted a more polite, friendly debate atmosphere. They are unlikely to change that and honestly there's nothing per se weong with that, but it isn't full on free speech á la Voat.

And AOU has the occasional tendency to be a petty, controlling asshole, so he engages in behavior contrary to his own stated ethos, then gaslights those he bullies.
Deleted User 5341

Post by Deleted User 5341 »

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=287

Clearly I was wrong to defend Poal
tokui
Topic points (SCP): -1
Reply points (CCP): -1

Post by tokui »

NorthSeaPagan wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:37 am viewtopic.php?f=11&t=287

Clearly I was wrong to defend Poal
No shit, sherlock. Welcome home.
inkbottle23
Topic points (SCP): 2
Reply points (CCP): 24

Post by inkbottle23 »

From what i've seen Poal is a bit better than both ruqqis and notabug ( Powered by reddit, what the fuck does that mean? I don't trust it). But i'm more comfortable right here.