Update: Poal.co/search now requires login. Site is increasingly locking down. Endangered history.

Poal was created by some ex-goats when Voat was in trouble a couple of years back. It is effectively a Voat clone. There has been some debate on Voat about the extent to which Poal is truly "free speech".
Tallest_Skil
Topic points (SCP): 0
Reply points (CCP): 138

Re: Update: Poal.co/search now requires login. Site is increasingly locking down. Endangered history.

Post by Tallest_Skil »

MrPancake wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:41 pm Unpopular opinion: I like Poal.
The site itself? Like, the software? Sure. It’s not bad. The fact that the owners are leftists who ban all discussion they don’t like and forcibly prevent users from even viewing or replying to one another? Inexcusable. Impossible to actually use the site.
MrPancake
Topic points (SCP): 9
Reply points (CCP): 32

Re: Update: Poal.co/search now requires login. Site is increasingly locking down. Endangered history.

Post by MrPancake »

No; nothing to do with the software of the site. The problem with Goats is they go to Poal thinking it is Voat or Voat-lite. It is a privately owned Reddit. Voat's power comes from its open discord; the ability for people to argue openly and say what is on their mind. Poal's is in the quantity of information posted. Poal is a lurker site; a site to read articles and sometimes post a thought or two. Even Reddit (the only sub I use is /consipiracy) has it's usages. You can softly red pill some of the users; all the while knowing that your post may be deleted. I have not once had an account banned or a comment removed on Poal; because I understand its house rules. Besides; I never see that faggot Gabara or most of the disgusting SBBH crap on Poal which gives it a bonus. To recap; Voat is a public square, Poal is someone's private property, act accordingly.
chrimony
Topic points (SCP): 20
Reply points (CCP): 173

Post by chrimony »

MrPancake wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:05 pm No; nothing to do with the software of the site. The problem with Goats is they go to Poal thinking it is Voat or Voat-lite. It is a privately owned Reddit.
The problem is Poal billed itself as a free-speech site in the same vein as the original Voat -- with some goofy rules around downvoting, theoretically to encourage more speech, but in actually is just a trap to trip up users.

The site is actually a hug box for the main administrator, AOU. Thin-skinned, censorious, and hostile to feedback. It's a clay-pot dictatorship. And the amount of admin abuse kept ratcheting up the longer the goats who flocked there put up with it. Self-respecting goats jumped ship to Voat.xyz, while the lazy faggot sheep goats remained.
antiliberalsociety
Topic points (SCP): 3394
Reply points (CCP): 4462

Post by antiliberalsociety »

chrimony wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:20 pm
MrPancake wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:05 pm No; nothing to do with the software of the site. The problem with Goats is they go to Poal thinking it is Voat or Voat-lite. It is a privately owned Reddit.
The problem is Poal billed itself as a free-speech site in the same vein as the original Voat -- with some goofy rules around downvoting, theoretically to encourage more speech, but in actually is just a trap to trip up users.

The site is actually a hug box for the main administrator, AOU. Thin-skinned, censorious, and hostile to feedback. It's a clay-pot dictatorship. And the amount of admin abuse kept ratcheting up the longer the goats who flocked there put up with it. Self-respecting goats jumped ship to Voat.xyz, while the lazy faggot sheep goats remained.
Holy shit, we agree on something.
mikenigger
Topic points (SCP): 0
Reply points (CCP): -31

Post by mikenigger »

MrPancake wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:05 pm No; nothing to do with the software of the site. The problem with Goats is they go to Poal thinking it is Voat or Voat-lite. It is a privately owned Reddit. Voat's power comes from its open discord; the ability for people to argue openly and say what is on their mind. Poal's is in the quantity of information posted. Poal is a lurker site; a site to read articles and sometimes post a thought or two. Even Reddit (the only sub I use is /consipiracy) has it's usages. You can softly red pill some of the users; all the while knowing that your post may be deleted. I have not once had an account banned or a comment removed on Poal; because I understand its house rules. Besides; I never see that faggot Gabara or most of the disgusting SBBH crap on Poal which gives it a bonus. To recap; Voat is a public square, Poal is someone's private property, act accordingly.
Poal is reddit marketed as a voat alternative because no one is interested in yet another reddit clone with abusive powermods, they shadowban users and generally don't give a fuck. There's enough faggotry to fill a subverse: https://www.voat.xyz/v/MeanwhileOnPoal

It is not a cozy place with different house rules, it's a circlejerk with unwritten rules.
MadWorld
Topic points (SCP): 1276
Reply points (CCP): 2987

Post by MadWorld »

Just another side note, poal appeared to have closed its domain listing some time after 2021-05-03. You may be able to find a more accurate date, by looking up other domain names.